Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiCkStOuCh View Post
    have to say im pretty stoked right now, i had a iphone 3g, back in beta 3.0 had mms setup and working great, well bought a 3GS and mms was gone, even with the ipcc update again, so I just did the at&t tech chat online and got them to turn it back on so I now have my 3GS with mms!!!! works flawlessly
    How did you get them to add MMS to your account? I just tried and they keep telling me its not an option.
    If the sun was made of baby back rips..... would you eat it?

im on the family messaging plan and told them i wasn't using my iphone till mms was available b/c i need mms to see me family and that i was using my razr and they hooked it up!, who knows how long it will last but hopefully it sticks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got mms working last night by putting my sim in my old 8525, was able to send mms from the 8525 almost instantly but after i rebooted it stopped working, doesnt really matter having it though cus most of my friends have iphones and they arent as adventerous in hacking their phones to enable things like mms

Thanks
    my still working it been 7 days now.

I had the same problem I found some where on google to open up cmd on windows and there was a command to put in so you can see it. Google ipcc file and cmd find the command put it in and it will work.

Wouldn't it be easier to just tell us the command. Give more detail and stop being so vague!

Enabling IPCC Updates for iTunes 8.2:

iTunes 8.2 will not allow you to apply the IPCC updates so you need to follow these steps:

MAC OS X:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
    3. Run the command: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE.

Windows 32 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1.

Windows 64 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1.

Copying the IPCC file to your iPhone:

The above steps will allow you to update the IPCC using iTunes 8.2. To copy the IPCC file to your iPhone follow these instructions:

1. Open iTunes & plug in your phone.
    2. Click on your phone in iTunes(under device settings).
    3. Windows Users: hold shift and click “Check for updates”. MAC OS X: hold alt and click “Check for updates”.
    4. Select the IPCC you downloaded earlier.

This is where your other AT&T phone comes in handy. You need to follow these steps to enable MMS on your iPhone:

1. Remove the sim cards from both the iPhone and your non-Apple phone
    2. Place the iPhone sim card into the non-Apple phone
    3. Power on the new phone
    4. Make a phone call or two (your voicemail works)
    5. Log in to your myWireless account at wireless.att.com
    6. It should now say that your device is whatever you put your SIM into. If it doesn't, repeat step 4 a few times.
    7. Go to the "Features" tab
    8. Select a "Messaging Plan", one that isn't an iPhone plan.
    9. Click next and go through all the legal crap
    10. You should now have MMS enabled on your account.
    11. Swap the iPhone sim card back into the iPhone.
    12. Reboot the iPhone.
    Note:
    AT&T Family Plan users who have a family messaging plan can skip steps 7-11.
    Please don't add an iPhone texting plan back to your account, as it will disable MMS again.
    Aaron has reported that AT&T may be blocking these steps from immediately taking effect so he has adviced users to call AT&T after step 10/11 and before step 12 to complain that MMS isn't working. According to him this should fix the issue.

Sorry I found it on google copied paste and closed the window.
    I think it was “CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing. Try it with the period at the end if it don't work take it off. The above guide is from someone who knows what they are doingI'm a newbie just found it on google.

Quote Originally Posted by dennipahmah View Post
    July 17th is the date MMS will work on ATT. Called and got the level 2 support to send me to a "tech". The tech said MMS will be enabled on the 17th for all 3G iPhones. not sure if anyone has posted this already... if so... I'm from the Department of Redundancy Department.
    can anyone confirm this or are we just gonna have to wait till friday to find out? lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anybody else seen this July 17th date for AT&T enabling MMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    can anyone confirm this or are we just gonna have to wait till friday to find out? lol

I had a tech recently tell me August. So yeah

haha

The day I found this out, I called the level 2 tech. I wrestled a little bit with them, asking loads of questions to lead them to enable my MMS. I took the route of telling them I had two phones: an iphone for normal calls and another phone for MMS. I pay for MMS so I should be allowed to use it. Otherwise give me a refund for the data plan retro back to when I got the family text plan. The tech I was speaking to said she would get a "real tech" on the phone who knows more about the technical side.

The "real tech" gets on the phone and tells me that the date is July 17th. Everyone will get a text message saying it has been enabled on ATT. This information was unprovoked. I did not have to ask this "real tech" anything. She just started doing things on my account and telling me this information.

She did a "work around" to get my MMS to work and said it might not last long. Which it didn't. I didn't get the chance to ask her what my MMS settings should be so the workaround didn't work at all.

I'm counting on the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by dennipahmah View Post
    The day I found this out, I called the level 2 tech. I wrestled a little bit with them, asking loads of questions to lead them to enable my MMS. I took the route of telling them I had two phones: an iphone for normal calls and another phone for MMS. I pay for MMS so I should be allowed to use it. Otherwise give me a refund for the data plan retro back to when I got the family text plan. The tech I was speaking to said she would get a "real tech" on the phone who knows more about the technical side.

The "real tech" gets on the phone and tells me that the date is July 17th. Everyone will get a text message saying it has been enabled on ATT. This information was unprovoked. I did not have to ask this "real tech" anything. She just started doing things on my account and telling me this information.

She did a "work around" to get my MMS to work and said it might not last long. Which it didn't. I didn't get the chance to ask her what my MMS settings should be so the workaround didn't work at all.

I'm counting on the 17th.

ok then the 17th i will be counting down for. I'm a crossover from t-mobile, and really do miss my mms.
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

I can't see the 17th happening unless 3.1 is released by then.

Quote Originally Posted by imirish02 View Post
    I can't see the 17th happening unless 3.1 is released by then.
    we dont need an os update. just att to fix remove the block and then they release a carrier update that gets pushed to itunes. plug in your phone and update in less than 30 seconds. so why you think this im not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    we dont need an os update. just att to fix remove the block and then they release a carrier update that gets pushed to itunes. plug in your phone and update in less than 30 seconds. so why you think this im not too sure.
    I seee. I was under the impression that carrier updates only come through os releases. My bad

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

well i spoke to a tech last night and she said that they know nothing about it and i asked about the July 17th date and she pulled up her little calendar thing and she said theres nothing there about a carrier release for the 17th. So maybe it will happen maybe not i'm going to go make another phone call.

If we have MMS tomorrow, I will eat my socks.

This has been the only forum I've been to that has mentioned July 17th. Everywhere else, people who spoke with tech support got the "late summer" answer.

Thanks

I havent got all the way through but from the iTunes directory in CMD I entered

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Then from shift + check for updates on itunes I ran

CUsers\*\Desktop\ATT_US.ipcc

* = User

And it loaded

OK, it's the 17th. Where are all the post saying that we all have a legit MMS from AT&T

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast