Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

TomatoTomago, can I assume that you're jailbroken. Would you kindly use SSH, i-Funbox, or iPhoneBrowser to get /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle and zip it up? I'd like to try your modifications. Could you also share the Apple URL that you have for the UAProf in your Network Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTomago View Post
    I have iphone 3GS 16gb black. and i got mms, tether, and internet working perfectly. Updating to ver 5.0 didnt work for me. I eventually was able to get mms working after doing alot of modification to ver 5.0. I renamed it 5.1.

here's some recent pics:

do share

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTomago View Post
    I have iphone 3GS 16gb black. and i got mms, tether, and internet working perfectly. Updating to ver 5.0 didnt work for me. I eventually was able to get mms working after doing alot of modification to ver 5.0. I renamed it 5.1.
    Can you show the full url?

http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I still haven't gotten it to work, but I'm thinking that I'm just getting owned by AT&T. Can't wait for iPhone to come to verizon!

Ooooooooh interesting, check out the bottom where it says max res and max msg size. Maybe trying that.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!--
    Copyright 2009 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

This document and its contents are provided on an "AS IS" basis, with
    all faults, errors, omissions, and without any warranty of any kind,
    and you use it at your sole risk. APPLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL
    WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS DOCUMENT, ITS
    ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT
    LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT,
    MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT,
    INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION,
    LOSS OF USE, DATA OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
    ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS DOCUMENT OR ITS CONTENTS,
    HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING
    NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF APPLE HAS BEEN
    ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. Apple reserves the right
    to change the contents of this document or to withdraw it at any time
    without prior notice.
    -->
    <RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlnsrf="http://www.wapforum.org/profiles/MMS/ccppschema-20010111#">

<rdfescription rdf:ID="Profile">
    <prf:component>
    <rdfescription rdf:ID="MMSCharacteristics">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.wapforum.org/profiles/MMS/ccppschema-20010111#MmsCharacteristics"/>
    <prf:MmsVersion>
    <rdf:Bag>
    <rdf:li>1.2</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Bag>
    </prf:MmsVersion>

<prf:MmsCcppAccept>
    <rdf:li>text/plain</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>text/x-vCard</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>image/jpeg</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>image/gif</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>image/bmp</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>image/png</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>image/x-bmp</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/amr</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/x-amr</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/mpeg</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/mp3</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/aac</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/mp4</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>audio/3gpp</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>video/mp4</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>video/3gpp</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>video/x-h263</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>application/smil</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>application/vnd.wap.multipart.mixed</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>application/vnd.wap.multipart.related</rdf:li>
    </prf:MmsCcppAccept>

<prf:MmsCcppAcceptCharSet>
    <rdf:li>US-ASCII</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>ISO-8859-1</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>UTF-8</rdf:li>
    <rdf:li>UTF-16</rdf:li>
    </prf:MmsCcppAcceptCharSet>

<prf:MmsMaxImageResolution>1024x1024</prf:MmsMaxImageResolution>
    <prf:MmsMaxMessageSize>1048576</prf:MmsMaxMessageSize>

</rdfescription>
    </prf:component>
    </rdfescription>
    </RDF>

******* at&t i hope you die!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Majestus; 2009-07-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tomato has posted the same images on several forums and no ipcc file attached nor any information that shows this will work for others. I entered all those settings and nothing.

I'd love to have the 5.1 ipcc file to try on my 3G, Tomato. Can you share?

Didn't he just edit the version plist within the carrier file?

Hmm, I don't seem to have any settings in under Cellular Data for MMS. I can see all the settings in the pics above that I can add but what is in MMS UA Prof URL?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garyh99 View Post
    I'd love to have the 5.1 ipcc file to try on my 3G, Tomato. Can you share?
    even if you have the ipcc file ATT still has to remove the mms opt out code first

Thanks
    i think it have to be with the carrier because i have the 4.2 update and my MMS is working for 4 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    i have to switch my sim every other day now to keep mms working, but at least its working. im on 5.0 carrier settings and 3Gs. Never had a problem until i got my 3gs.
    I have noticed the same thing ever since the upgrade to the 3G S my MMS blows!

Quote Originally Posted by pcmartinez View Post
    i think it have to be with the carrier because i have the 4.2 update and my MMS is working for 4 days now.
    Is there anyway to get that 4.2 provision without the 3.1 update, I do not want to lose my JB or Unlock
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 2009-07-10 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Sure! What needs to happen is someone needs to decrypt the ramdisk for 3.1 and then get the key for the filesystem. After that we can just mount the filesystem and browse for the carrier.bundle. Then an ipcc can be easily made from the settings of that carrier.bundle

Default Anyone have a clue on this one?
    Hmmmm, I have two 3g's on my at&t account. Both jailbroken on 3.0 with att 5.0 carrier file applied.

Neither my wife nor I could actually SEND MMS, but we had the camera icon.

The other day, My wife asks me where her little camera icon went, it had disappeared.

It all of sudden reappeared and she CAN SEND MMS!!!!! No changes at all!!

Here is the weirdest thing, I went to try on my phone and MY camera icon has disappeared now!!!!?????!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Spoke to level 2 support and had them compare my wifes settings and mine side by side, rep couldn't find any difference.

We both had used the .ipcc file from stealthbravos' guide.

This is really strange and the weirdest part is that the mms camera has just disapeared from my phone??

also have reapplied the .ipcc file - still nothing.
    awfully confused. Any ideas??

Mine did the same thing. My camera icon was there, now it's gone. I've reapplied the ipcc and it's still not there?? I also received an email from at&t saying something about changes to my account, but I can't see any? Although I thought I saw somewhere on my acct page that it said "mms opt out" and now I can't find that either??

Anyone have the original 3.0 ipcc to share?
    Last edited by boozie; 2009-07-10 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kublid View Post
    Hmmmm, I have two 3g's on my at&t account. Both jailbroken on 3.0 with att 5.0 carrier file applied.

Neither my wife nor I could actually SEND MMS, but we had the camera icon.

The other day, My wife asks me where her little camera icon went, it had disappeared.

It all of sudden reappeared and she CAN SEND MMS!!!!! No changes at all!!

Here is the weirdest thing, I went to try on my phone and MY camera icon has disappeared now!!!!?????!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Spoke to level 2 support and had them compare my wifes settings and mine side by side, rep couldn't find any difference.

We both had used the .ipcc file from stealthbravos' guide.

This is really strange and the weirdest part is that the mms camera has just disapeared from my phone??

also have reapplied the .ipcc file - still nothing.
    awfully confused. Any ideas??
    I've had the same problem, but finally got it to work by tweaking the cellular data network settings. This is what I did, may work for you too:
    MMS:
    APN: wap.cingular
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Leave all other settings blank. If nothing else this should get your camera icon back. I can now send MMS.

That DID add the mms camera back, but no luck sending. Still stops at about 95%. hmmmmmmmmm

just fyi, my wife's setings do NOT have any of that info uder MMS (network apn) it is blank except for the wap.cingular at the top of each section.

so close, yet sooooo far away.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kublid View Post
    That DID add the mms camera back, but no luck sending. Still stops at about 95%. hmmmmmmmmm

just fyi, my wife's setings do NOT have any of that info uder MMS (network apn) it is blank except for the wap.cingular at the top of each section.

so close, yet sooooo far away.

Any ideas?
    It sounds like your phone has the MMS opt out. Before I got my 3GS, I had the same problem with my 3G. Even after many calls to AT&T, I couldn't find an agent willing to provision the line for MMS. The settings with the updated IPCC allow MMS on the 3GS, I guess they already provisioned the 3GS for MMS, but the carrier file does not normally allow it. Your best bet is probably finding an agent who actually knows what they are doing and is willing to help you.

From the info you've provided, it sounds like they might have begun removing the MMS opt-out from some 3G lines (i.e., your wife's). Hopefully they'll provision your's too. Worst case, you'll have to wait til 3.1, which has an updated carrier file that normally allows the camera icon to be displayed, which would suggest that AT&T will be supporting MMS at that time.

July 17th is the date MMS will work on ATT. Called and got the level 2 support to send me to a "tech". The tech said MMS will be enabled on the 17th for all 3G iPhones. not sure if anyone has posted this already... if so... I'm from the Department of Redundancy Department.

have to say im pretty stoked right now, i had a iphone 3g, back in beta 3.0 had mms setup and working great, well bought a 3GS and mms was gone, even with the ipcc update again, so I just did the at&t tech chat online and got them to turn it back on so I now have my 3GS with mms!!!! works flawlessly

Thanks

When I open iTunes and do the Shift + Check for Update and it can not see the file. Help!

I have an active work phone with mms so I want to try this.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast