Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

I am able to get the carrier file on to my phone now and voice, mms, and internet tethering work, VV does not. If I change the vm from wap.cingular to acds.voicemail VV works but tethering dies. What gives?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

FaceBooger (2009-06-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Followed all the MMS instructions. I have tethering and cellular data settings. But I still don't have the camera in the text app to attempt to send an MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOhemgee View Post
    Is the Carrier file you are trying to send to your phone one you modified yourself and rezipped? Or one you downloaded from somewhere?
    I fixed this issue, the permissions got messed up when I SCP'd the files over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

FaceBooger (2009-06-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

im on a gophone plan with regular messaging and tried calling cause i switched to a 3g. They said since im using different equipment then my account has they cannot provision the MMS service in Snooper or something, but he said once i switch back to the original equipment they can provision my phone for mms. That sounds stupid to me, i want MMS on a gophone 3g dag nammit!

I was able to fix mine. I had to modify my carrier.plist changing the type-mask from -2 to 49 which due to a change in the type-mask format.

Modifier un fichier IPCC - Forums MacBidouille
    type-mask (Number) -2 - Page 4 - Hackint0sh

Code:
        apns =     (
                    {
                IsAPNUserEditable = 1;
                apn = "wap.cingular";
                password = "";
                "type-mask" = 49;
                username = "";
            },
                    {
                IsAPNUserEditable = 1;
                apn = "acds.voicemail";
                password = "";
                username = "";
            },
                    {
                IsAPNUserEditable = 1;
                apn = internet;
                password = password;
                username = iphone;
            }
        );

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

FaceBooger (2009-06-26)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You must use an ipcc. Use the one at the beginning of this thread and let me know
    bahahaha!!!! its WORKING!!

i cant believe that lady actually did it! and i didnt even have to go through Tier II !

thanks for all your help man.

So I SSH'ed the files over, the little MMS Icon is there in text now (Doesn't work, don't care right now) but the Tethering option isn't in the settings anywhere. Any tips?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oogotbagsoo View Post
    bahahaha!!!! its WORKING!!

i cant believe that lady actually did it! and i didnt even have to go through Tier II !

thanks for all your help man.
    Glad you got it man! Video MMS is the sh!t too. I am loving it

Thanks

I am soooo jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by DCBnG View Post
    Geez, nothing works, no matter what I try, I've called ATT a good 5 or 6 times to no avail. Sorta sux. Oh well, I say everyone on AT&T with an iPhone should just call them daily, ask to have their MMS provisioned, and when they say no, just very politely say, "Well I'm logging my daily complaint, and will continue to do so until the very day that MMS is launched. Not when you finally give a release date, but the day it actually launches." Ideally the phone call would last at least 2 minutes though.

Let's call it a daily phone petition. Instead of sending them a letter signed by a bunch of people, let's just get enough people to carve out time to give them a 2 or 3 minute call per day. Actually, given what it costs to staff phone reps, I'll be that would start to hit them where it counts if we could get a significant number around it. Maybe then they'd realize that their "most valuable customers" (see: Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone Away From Verizon - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com) are getting REALLY PISSED OFF.

I suppose it's a good idea in thought, but I don't really know how you get 30,000 - 50,000 additional people to call AT&T every day though. Seems like it could be done, aren't there some 2 million iPhones on AT&T?
    i have already been doing that, wasted two hours of their time on one call. i call them while i am at work, i can talk and do my job

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok So I finally got MMS Working. Took Some time for me to get it to work. Then it died right away. So I did it again and I called AT&T. The guy there asked if I had 3.0 I played dumb for a minute then when he started to tell me he can turn on MMS for me. I was like... WTF. So I stuck with my story that i was using a different phone has him take off the MMS Opt out. enable everything he needed to and I've been sending and receiving for about an hour now. I'll Reply again tonight and tell everyone if its still good. This guy told me that he set my account so that when I get my phone back from repairs I will be able to send MMS.

He also told me that he knows its working because a few people in the office have MMS. Explain this to me... If you cant turn on MMS because ATT cant handle it, but we can do it if we trick them, AND their employees that want it, can do it. I guess I ask why not give it to us in mass?

If anyone needs help I can step by step you guys throught what I did. Just post a reply on here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kariodude View Post
    So I SSH'ed the files over, the little MMS Icon is there in text now (Doesn't work, don't care right now) but the Tethering option isn't in the settings anywhere. Any tips?
    Exactly how did you do it? I follow the instructions at the beginning, but when I got the carrier bundle part, on my phone it was a shortcut. So I went to where the shortcut pointed to and upped the files there. That didn't work. Then I was finally able to just update the ipcc through itunes which gave me internet tethering and cellular data options. But I still can't get the camera icon in the text app for some reason.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If when I get home today from work and you still need help Rah with the Camera not showing up I'll send you one of the IPCC's I made

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrOhemgee View Post
    If when I get home today from work and you still need help Rah with the Camera not showing up I'll send you one of the IPCC's I made
    Thanks. I would greatly appreciate that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    and once again. MMS is broken as of 20 minutes ago. /joy. Calling them back probably. but honestly, i got to do it, its not that big of a deal once you send a couple pictures, receive a couple pictures. just aggrivating they keep turning it off.

Default 3G 3.0 redSn0w..... MMS
    I'm on a 3G running 3.0 and used redSn0w to jailbreak it. Prior to loading 3.0 I used Swirlymms and had gone through all the AT&T hooplah to make it work. It had worked flawlessly for 2 months.... I made the mistake of updating to 3.0 without making sure swirly still worked, and it doesn't... yet.... i've been 4 days without mms and it's driving me crazy...

I'm admittedly not a hacker... I'm very computer savvy, but not a programmer so first of all, I appreciate all of you guys that are smart enough to figure this stuff out and make cool things work for the rest of us....

That being said, I don't want to brick my phone so I'd love to see step by step what I need to do to cahnge my phone settings so mms works... tethering and visual voicemail would be cool to, but not as important.

Thanks in advance....

Well I just got off the phone with tier 2 at&t tech support and they basicly told me that there is nothing they can do after I told them I was an iPhone developer and they then told me there is actually something on the dev site that can enable it. And being an actual dev for the iPhone I have never seen this or maybe I have missed it. I guess i'll have to call back later today. Or if any of the devs have seen this before?
    Last edited by originalgoast; 2009-06-23 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    Well I just got off the phone with tier 2 at&t tech support and they basicly told me that there is nothing they can do after I told them I was an iPhone developer and they then told me there is actually something on the dev site that can enable it. And being an actual dev for the iPhone I have never seen this. I guess i'll have to call back later today.
    Back when I finally got swirly working, I spent about an hour on the phone with the tech. I told them I let my son use my iPhone when he get good grades and stuff. I told them I knew the iPhone wouldn't do MMS but I needed it set, in both of their systems so that whoever had his Blackjack could send MMS. He muddled around for a while and tried a few things (probably to make me think he was actually trying) and eventually came back and said that he couldn't do it. If I had an iPhone, I couldn't do MMS.... Period... End of statement.... At that point I fairly politely told him to then change my phone so it's not an iPhone because I'm about to throw it into a river.... I'm going to be using a cheap old phone that'll do MMS and don't want to ever mess with it again.....

He totally changed tune and very politely said he'd done that, and was their anything else he could do for me..... I hung up the phone, and holy *****.... it worked.... I figure I found somebody that knew what needed to be done, but just needed me to say the right thing for him to do it without losing his job....

It might not work evry time, but it worked for me.....

That is, until 3.0 when Swirly isn't supported yet.... So, I'm waiting for that to be fixed which may be a long time... or to figure out this ipcc thing or whatever to give me the option on my 3G....

Hope this helps somebody get through the AT&T crap....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Stealth for the guide on page 1. I used Method #1 and it worked like a charm. Not sure if it helped that I used an old ATT Tilt for a week as I was out camping and Beta 5 expired...DOH!!! was super bummed to lose my phone out in the woods and have no options to get it updated. Borrowed this tilt for a week and when I came back I noticed online I could change my text plan to a regular text plan. I did that, and now it shows me with "Messaging 200" instead of "Iphone Text Messaging 200". I changed that online but was still unable to MMS. I had also used the most current .ipcc file with no success. Took the sim out and put it back in the Tilt...followed method #1... and all is great now!

Thanks for the help!

7:20AM - MT - Well MMS was working for about 12 hours. Woke up this morning and found it wasn't any longer. I am still listed as "Messaging 200" for my text plan. Not sure what is blocking me now.
    Last edited by ericM; 2009-06-24 at 03:20 PM.

So, I finally got impatient and decided that the worst thing that'd happen (hopefully) was that I'd have to reload 3.0 and start over.....

I have MMS working now on iPhone 3G, 3.0 redSn0w, ATT....

As I stated earlier, I have already been through the fight with AT&T to get MMS to work as I was using SwirlyMMS prior to the 3.0 update. So, the following are the steps I took to make MMS work on 3.0....

First, download the ATT bundle from here...and unzip it...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Using WinSCP (or whatever program you're comfortable with to connect to your phone from your computer) navigate to the following directory:

/private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

You're going to replace the files in the ATT_US folder with the ones you unzipped above.... prior to this, I made a copy of the contents just in case i F'd things up....

After copying those in, I rebooted my phone.

Now, in Settings --> General --> Network I have a Cellular Data Network option.... in there, down on the MMS section, I put the following (which is what I had used in Swirly...

APN wap.cingular
    MMSC mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com:80

And presto... works like a charm.... way better than swirly was.... I'm now happily sending and receiving MMS through my normal text messaging program.....

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast