Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

ive been doing some reading,and it seams like there is still some confusion as how to get mms working,those instructions are a little confusing.can anybody post some new fresh ones step by step,i know how this sounds but please dont pick on me,im in the same boat as some of you.
    my iphone is a 3g with 3.0 jailbroken,i did get the thedering to work,now if i could only get mms it would be great,please advice,thanks.

p.s. i have a dell laptop running vista.

sorry i got it to load the file..

Quote Originally Posted by eatdirt1 View Post
    ive been doing some reading,and it seams like there is still some confusion as how to get mms working,those instructions are a little confusing.can anybody post some new fresh ones step by step,i know how this sounds but please dont pick on me,im in the same boat as some of you.
    my iphone is a 3g with 3.0 jailbroken,i did get the thedering to work,now if i could only get mms it would be great,please advice,thanks.

p.s. i have a dell laptop running vista.

Update the ipcc, do a sim swap, if u know someone on att that has a reular phone with mms, pop ur sim into their phone, make a few calls, send mms to someone... then register ur phone on www.mymedianet.wireless.att.com and u'll get a 4 digit code by text, follow the instructions (do all these while ur sim is still in another at&t phone) when u done, pop ur sim back into the iphone and send a pic... it should go through

Last edited by vokal_guy; 2009-06-22 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added pics

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vokal_guy For This Useful Post:

eatdirt1 (2009-06-22)

Epic fail! These bastards at ATT aren't budging. I called 3 times today and have had the unfortunate delight to speak to morons. I did get a chance to speak to a tier 2 tech, but she basically told me that the opt out codes ARE THERE and that until Apple says so, no go and that "they can't risk employees getting fired for doing this before the contract says they can" So....I'll call back in 10minutes. In the meantime, who has any updated information on the MMS settings that legitimately work?

Thanks

ok, i didnt register this morning on the www.mymedianet.wireless.att.com wow...it was working for a few texts and then it stopped, but i didnt register on it, also the 3Gs sim card told me send failed not permitted but all i did was send a MMs to the sim (3Gs sim on another phone) and when it recieved it, i was able to send MMS on the 3Gs once o placed the sim back on it...now im gonna retry the process and register on that www.mymedianet.wireless.att.com

Damn! i got the mms option working, just need another AT&T branded phone aghhh i got an unlocked lg chocolate laying around but i dont think its compatible with media net either!

Quote Originally Posted by bran1093 View Post
    Damn! i got the mms option working, just need another AT&T branded phone aghhh i got an unlocked lg chocolate laying around but i dont think its compatible with media net either!
    is the LG CHOCOLATE an att phone or just a regular phone with a sim card? I'd suggest u try it though

Thanks

just tried it again, it sends a couple then stops working

Green Apple
    Thanks

possible bad question, i apologize if it is:
    I assume this will only work for non 3gs phones? (phones that have already been jailbroken?)
    I searched the forum thread for '3gs' and found nothing so I thought I would ask.
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

Thanks

well, i tried this on my 3g and 3gs

i was able to update the IPCC on my 3GS but MMS wont work. Also, the APN settings screen does not show for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any ideas anyone. I'm on the official 3.0 and i used redsn0w to jailbreak, but i don't have any options to attempt an MMS. No camera in the text app, no MMS in message settings, no cellular data settings, and i did have tethering but now i don't even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by rah_nigga View Post
    any ideas anyone. I'm on the official 3.0 and i used redsn0w to jailbreak, but i don't have any options to attempt an MMS. No camera in the text app, no MMS in message settings, no cellular data settings, and i did have tethering but now i don't even have that.
    did u change your ipcc ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    just tried it again, it sends a couple then stops working
    ^that was 3gs?
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

My tethering keeps disappearing every time I enable it any one else have this issue?

I load a new ipcc, go and turn on the tether and while it is configuring itself it disappears.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I forgot to post this here, finally got it working again

im on the phone with ATT as we speak. I called 611 from my phone for a genuine question on my account. After i made conversation with the lady, i said "hey by the way... can you help me with something else?" she sais sure... i gave her the story about the app developer and i told her about the steps she needs to take in snooper and enabling wap push... she said "sure, i can do that for you" she did all the steps for BOTH phones on my account. I'm waiting for everything to check out. She has me on hold as she makes the changes.

I didnt even need to go through Tier II.

Lets hope she doesnt come back and tell me she couldnt do it

EDIT: She said that the first phone is done. Im keeping her entertained making conversation about all sorts of stuff to try to keep her mind about what she's doing. haha. Ill be back with an update...

EDIT2: Just got off the phone. She said both phones on my account are up and running with MMS. I just need to shut them off for 30 seconds and turn them back on. testing now...

EDIT3: WORKS!!! w00t!
    Last edited by oogotbagsoo; 2009-06-23 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks

^ let us know Good luck

should my carrier have changed to AT&T 5.0? under Settings > General > About

it still says 4.0...

Thanks

The carrier number comes from the ipcc, not from AT&T OTA

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast