Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCBnG View Post
    Geez, nothing works, no matter what I try, I've called ATT a good 5 or 6 times to no avail. Sorta sux. Oh well, I say everyone on AT&T with an iPhone should just call them daily, ask to have their MMS provisioned, and when they say no, just very politely say, "Well I'm logging my daily complaint, and will continue to do so until the very day that MMS is launched. Not when you finally give a release date, but the day it actually launches." Ideally the phone call would last at least 2 minutes though.

Let's call it a daily phone petition. Instead of sending them a letter signed by a bunch of people, let's just get enough people to carve out time to give them a 2 or 3 minute call per day. Actually, given what it costs to staff phone reps, I'll be that would start to hit them where it counts if we could get a significant number around it. Maybe then they'd realize that their "most valuable customers" (see: Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone Away From Verizon - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com) are getting REALLY PISSED OFF.

I suppose it's a good idea in thought, but I don't really know how you get 30,000 - 50,000 additional people to call AT&T every day though. Seems like it could be done, aren't there some 2 million iPhones on AT&T?
    word!
    whos with me?
    doin it now
    the best part is, 611 is a free call on their dime!
    oh the irony!

apparently on the new 3.0 on 3G it will show the tethering options but the camera icon never shows up in messages.

sucks

$12 for swirlymms2 for a couple months?
    nah
    went this long without mms. i can wait

and yeah i agree about tier 2 being informed.

called twice.

each person in customer service was more than happy to try, even impressed they were talking to an actual app developer (lmao)
    but as soon as the system won't allow them to do it, they try to patch me to tier 2 and after a minute o so on hold, THEY FREAKIN HUNG ON ME!!!!
    TWICE!

gangsta.

i say another twitter petition is in order.

we have been paying for unlimited text and mms this whole time and have yet to get mms.
    while all other phones less than $500 have had mms since 1999

611 is free!
    call and bug em 24 hours a day till the cave!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2009-06-20 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    word!
    whos with me?
    doin it now
    oh the irony!
    Indeed, and phone reps aren't free either. This could be extraordinarily entertaining (and well deserved on ATT's part for what they make us pay for sub-par service) if it could made to take off.

What we need though, is a tracking mechanism to let people know the phone calls are adding up. I'm thinking a simple site that lets people come and enter:

1. What time the call was made
    2. What the rep's name was
    3. Call Duration (time the rep was actually on the phone)
    4. User's Handle
    5. General comments about the call

Then, right at the top, the total number of calls and duration of all calls could be shown off. So much more fun when there's a challenge around it.

If there is an enterprising developer that wants to do it, I'll donate the URL and the hosting, or ModMyI? Wanna throw it together? You guys could probably get it out better than anyone else anyways.

And of course crappy *** AT&T somehow complete blocked mms again and I can't freaking fix it! Seriously F' Them

I've Had my mms working for a few days now with medianet activated... Hope my doesnt cut off soon!

I cant get visual voicemail to work though, anyone know the apn settings for it?

Well, I finally got MMS to work for about 5 minutes. As soon as they realize I'm back on an iPhone they disable it. So frustrating! I was able to send about 3 messages before it stopped working again. I can get it to work again for another 5 minutes as long as do the swap with an MMS capable phone. I wonder if it's b/c I'm on a 3GS.

My MMS has been working from day one without any provisioning. I guess im one of the lucky few

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    word!
    whos with me?
    doin it now
    oh the irony!

apparently on the new 3.0 on 3G it will show the tethering options but the camera icon never shows up in messages.

we have been paying for unlimited text and mms this whole time and have yet to get mms.
    !
    While I agree it's ******** that the iphone has gone this long without MMS support, your an idiot if you think you have been paying for unlimited MMS.

Let me quote you directly from the unlimited TEXT package you have on your iphone

"You’ve got unlimited data for your iPhone, why not get unlimited SMS messaging?"

Notice it says SMS MESSAGING, not MMS.

I just called 611 and waited to speak with a rep. She was very nice, and i had her do the three things the original post mentions : enable medianet and wap push, then verify that the two settings in the Snooper tool have MMS enabled, and finaally perform an OTA. I was put on hold a few times, and she gave me some BS about MMS not being ready til end of summer even though i told her i was a developer, but a little politeness and perseverence paid off.... Now i'm simply giving it a few minutes to propagate in their systems and going to try sending an MMS.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by danielpops View Post
    I just called 611 and waited to speak with a rep. She was very nice, and i had her do the three things the original post mentions : enable medianet and wap push, then verify that the two settings in the Snooper tool have MMS enabled, and finaally perform an OTA. I was put on hold a few times, and she gave me some BS about MMS not being ready til end of summer even though i told her i was a developer, but a little politeness and perseverence paid off.... Now i'm simply giving it a few minutes to propagate in their systems and going to try sending an MMS.

Thanks guys!
    Tried as polite as I could. FAIL. They locked down WAP Push on any iphone account. There is no way around.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you have trouble with itunes updating your ipcc, you can ssh the carrier settings into the phone.

Download the AT&T Bundle files here and unzip.

Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Replace files in Carrier Bundle.bundle with the ones downloaded in the ATT_US Folder.
    I used this method and I didn't get on off tabs like the original post showed. Instead I have a list that requires me to input passwords and information.

I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

MMS, Voicemail and Tethering works perfectly for me, my friend came over to my house today, he has a Palone 680, i guess thats a Treo or so, anyway i popped my sim card into his phone, made a call, sent a text and mms, registered on my medianet, got a confirmation code and bam, since around 5 its been working and i have sent and received numerous pics.

Quote Originally Posted by popmanbx View Post
    I used this method and I didn't get on off tabs like the original post showed. Instead I have a list that requires me to input passwords and information.

Anyone have any settings that might work??
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Thanks
    Idea:

How is it that people have gotten SwirlyMMS to work in the past? Is it by calling and provisioning? Doesn't it spoof useragent to act like a non-iphone?

I don't know anyone that has AT&T that doesn't have an iPhone... so here's my idea...

Use ziphone to spoof an IMEI of a non-iPhone...and do the medianet trick, and it shouldn't revert to thinking you have an iphone...

...is there a way to change the IMEI from the command line without ziphone?
    על שלשה דברים העולם עומר על התורה ועל העבודה ועל גמילות חסדים

Quote Originally Posted by sj660 View Post
    Idea:

How is it that people have gotten SwirlyMMS to work in the past? Is it by calling and provisioning? Doesn't it spoof useragent to act like a non-iphone?

I don't know anyone that has AT&T that doesn't have an iPhone... so here's my idea...

Use ziphone to spoof an IMEI of a non-iPhone...and do the medianet trick, and it shouldn't revert to thinking you have an iphone...

...is there a way to change the IMEI from the command line without ziphone?
    will ziphone still work to change IMEI?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ yea but not on a 3G

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

I have a question I updated my IPCC then manually put in the apn and everything just to have the little camera icon to show it off to my friends but then last night I randomly recieved an audio file from my friend so I was curious and had another friend send me a pic and I got that too so I sent myself a pic and that even sent andddd I recieved it but I didn't call AT&T or take my sim out or any of those things... Any thoughts?
    Last edited by angelinirr5; 2009-06-21 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ventis secundis, tene cursum
    Chocolate is the cure to life

i changed the IPCC on my 3G S and tethering works perfectly. I have the camera icon in my txt msg app but MMS still fails. For some reason, the data network menu never showed up in my settings > General > Network so i can't manually input the MMS APN.

any thoughts on why it didnt show up ?

hmm the cellular data network has always been their for me i think... idr how i got it if it wasnt there

i cant get the ipcc to show up in itunes to install it.. can someone please help me?

do u have a mac or do u have a pc?

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast