Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ You cant until the 3.0 gm is jailbroken
    Oh, I always thought there was a way to SSH through Xcode or something like that..

So, I downgraded to the prerelease itunes beta and it will allow me to select the file again, but now I keep getting an 0xE8000051 error.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Try the very first ipcc at the top of the main post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Try the very first ipcc at the top of the main post
    Still errors out.

Just to double check, once downloaded (on a mac) you open the payload folder, zip the ATT_US.bundle, right-click get info, remove .bundle.zip and rename .ipcc

From there in itunes option click, check for upgrades, click the .ipcc file, open

Thanks

compress the payload folder, right-click get info, remove .zip and rename .ipcc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

What if i were to try to get a local rep at my nearest ATT store to enable MMS? Is that something they have access to do from the store?

I'm sure I could convince one of those girlies to enable it for me

Thanks

They don't have access to it in the store

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Ive tried that, i cant select the .ipcc file it is staying greyed out, what am i doing wrong.

im at the point where i hit shift+update but it wont let me select the darn file...

i wanted to comment on my experience following the directions in the first post. i had a jb 2.2.1 (no mms enabled) and decided to upgrade to 3.0 gm. i did so with the newest itunes 8.2. everything went smoothly and my phone worked. i didnt have the picutre icon for mms so i read up and it said i needed the ipcc package to get that enabled (alongside tethering).

i tried to apply it but itunes wouldn't let me, then i read that you need the pre-release version to apply the ipcc file to the phone. i got my hands on the pre-release version of itunes 8.2 from the usual places and installed that on a separate computer. i installed the package and then mms and tethering were enabled.

mms did not work. so i went and put my sim in an old nokia that had mms. i made a few calls then signed up for media net from their site a bunch of times. i signed into my account manager for att and changed my text plan to the regular texting plan ($15). i thought this process was going to take a few hours, but the mms didn't kick in for about a day or so.

mms on the phone kept saying message failed to deliver, then a day later i tried it and it worked! my last step i was going to call att tech to help me out, but it just started working. i saw also that in my feature details on the att account manager site that the texts and pics i was sending was counting towards the new plan and not the old iphone texting plan (you'll see two bar graphs). presumebly this will work until i get audited which i hope wont be until mms is truly enabled on att.

attached are the settings that work for me, i dont know if you need these settings set like this; if you don't then comment so; but data, visual voicemail and mms work for me so i'll leave it for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -photo2.jpg  

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haroonie For This Useful Post:

lili4311 (2009-07-23), Wailord (2009-06-12)

My mms finally works I left all the settings blank, I finally got a guy to provision my account : ) 24 hours still working.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with my 3G running 3.0 GM. I've enabled MMS on my AT&T account, and I've tried several carrier files that have been linked on this site, as well as the one that was on Gizmodo.

Initially the MMS icon appeared in the messages app and I even sent a few messages back and forth with pictures. But after restarting my phone the icon disappeared. The MMS enable switch is also gone from settings.

Updating the carrier settings file again doesn't seem to bring it back.

The kicker is that tethering options are still present.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

I just set it up, used the second ipcc file and so far it's working, but I just barely did it, so I'll have to see tomorrow if it's still working or not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 8.2 ipcc update on vista
    I've never really had the knowledge to share anything on these forums, and I suppose this is still more of a question. . .

My equipment:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    iTunes 8.2.0.23
    iPhone 3G on 3.0GM (updated, not restored, from 2.2.1 JB)

I have noticed everybody saying things like they are not able to select .ipcc files in 8.2 iTunes as it doesn't show them and does not give the option in the drop down menu.

If, however, you simply browse to your file location and type in "*.ipcc" (of course without the quotes) it displays the .ipcc file.

My question is this, if I select the file using said method, will it work properly or cause harm to my device. I'm hoping someone can answer me on this one because I do not have any additional devices to test or use as a backup in case something should go horribly wrong.

Much love for the whole dev team. If it weren't for you all I would not own an iPhone. Keep up the good work!!

***EDIT***

Disregard the previous question. I broke down and decided to do it myself. It, in fact, does not work. Just as everybody has said, you need to find the 8.2.0.10 pre release.

On a plus note, however, I do have internet tethering and MMS! hooray!
    Last edited by williamsjp2004; 2009-06-12 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radioboy View Post
    I'm having a bit of difficulty with my 3G running 3.0 GM. I've enabled MMS on my AT&T account, and I've tried several carrier files that have been linked on this site, as well as the one that was on Gizmodo.

Initially the MMS icon appeared in the messages app and I even sent a few messages back and forth with pictures. But after restarting my phone the icon disappeared. The MMS enable switch is also gone from settings.

Updating the carrier settings file again doesn't seem to bring it back.

The kicker is that tethering options are still present.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

OK good i thought i was going crazy! mine did the same thing, it took 5 times of reloading firmware and ipcc file for mine to stick just keep loading and rebooting until it stays!

I'm having a strange problem. I've got the .ippc file and MMS is working like a champ. Visual Voicemail appeared to be working properly, since I can view old messages. But this morning, someone left a message and I didnt see it on the visual voicemail. So I called my phone and was able to access the new voicemail. Now this isn't the first time I didn't receive a message from AT&T (got it the next day once), so I'm hoping its a network fluke.
    Anyone experience this?

oh, I had it working last night sending MMS to email accounts and other phones, but this morning, it doesn't work. I still have the MMS option, it just doesn't work. I tried putting my sim back in my MMS cheap phone, but then i try to log into My media and it won't let me. Anyone been able to get this back up and working after it's stopped?

Ok, so the first method didn't work for me. I want to try the second method but I'm afraid that if they find on my account that I'm not a devleoper that they might do something to my account. I already have 3.0 installed and running on my 3G, but if someone could please put my UDID on their dev account so I don't get burned, that would be awesome! Please help! =)

OK, So for those who are having voicemails coming in late or not at all, like I was, this is why.
    The setting on Voicemail should be acds.voicemail

Thanks to shutter13 for sharing this info.

anyone run into this or have any tips?.. i'm on 3.0 GM with the att carrier settings. but everytime i'm plugged in & i run usb tethering / enable it on the phone, the option disappears! i have to restore the carrier settings to get it back, but i can't get it to work.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haroonie View Post
    anyone run into this or have any tips?.. i'm on 3.0 GM with the att carrier settings. but everytime i'm plugged in & i run usb tethering / enable it on the phone, the option disappears! i have to restore the carrier settings to get it back, but i can't get it to work.

thanks
    i had the exact same thing happen to me today when I tried to do tethering, once i restored the carrier settings they came back, I haven't tried it again.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast