Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

So for those of us coming in late to the 3.0 party, we need to install iTunes 8.2 beta 4 in order for "Shift + check updates" be able to select the .ipcc file? The latest iTunes 8.2 only lets you select a IPSW file.
    Thanks

yeah you will need Itunes 8.2b7 (8.2.0.10)

I had to to hunt this down.

I did the MediaNet trick and I got to sending one MMS before it cut me off from it. Then my tethering went away... I reinstalled the IPCC and its back, infact Im using it right now bc my laptops wireless card decided it doesnt want to work anymore.

Oh well, Im glad I have my iphone, but being on AT&T isnt making me happy considering they of all people couldnt deliver MMS immediately.

So can anybody give us an updated way of enabling MMS and Tethering on 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ If AT&T is blocking you then there is no way to get past that. You will have to wait 8 more days

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Could you PM me a link?

Thanks

Pm me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

is the second method still working to get mms? i just loaded the updated ipcc from the first post

I have 3.0 final with updated ipcc. Tethering works and mms option is there but doesnt work.

Today I got a msg.. not a sms, but a msg from att saying "to use mms you need to enter your phone number, click here for settings" i clicked it and phone # was there but mms doesnt work still. No biggy, I don't really care about mms that much but has anyone else got this msg?
    Last edited by an0ther; 2009-06-10 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

bah!

i just got off the phone with ATT about enabling MMS. I gave the lady an earfull about how i'm a registered software developer and the app i'm working on has MMS incorporated into it blah blah blah. To make a long story short, i asked her to enable MMS on my account so i could test my app. She said "thats not a problem, i can enable that for you, give me a second to look up your account" I said, "you can check my UDID and see that I am registered as a software developer". She started to go through the enabling process and then she noticed that there is a note in the system from Apple that asked ATT not to enable MMS on anyone's account at this time. She asked me to get in contact with Apple for them to help me with my app.

Close, but no cigar! Almost got it!

Thanks

^^^^Makes me wonder why mine is working.

should i call back tomorrow or do u guys think that they put a note in the system that i called for that already and they declined?

Quote Originally Posted by oogotbagsoo View Post
    bah!

i just got off the phone with ATT about enabling MMS. I gave the lady an earfull about how i'm a registered software developer and the app i'm working on has MMS incorporated into it blah blah blah. To make a long story short, i asked her to enable MMS on my account so i could test my app. She said "thats not a problem, i can enable that for you, give me a second to look up your account" I said, "you can check my UDID and see that I am registered as a software developer". She started to go through the enabling process and then she noticed that there is a note in the system from Apple that asked ATT not to enable MMS on anyone's account at this time. She asked me to get in contact with Apple for them to help me with my app.

Close, but no cigar! Almost got it!
    Huh? Apple asked AT&T not to enable MMS? Haha that is funny...

EDIT: Calling back tomorrow won't change a thing. The rep has already updated your accounts case notes during that call so other reps can see your past call history and account issues.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 2009-06-10 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks again Stealthbravo. I have mms working now.
    I've had it before using swirly mms. All i did with AT&T was to switch from iPhone text to family unlimted text plan.

Thanks

^ No prob.

Everyone-

I know you all want MMS working. I and the many people running 3.0 since beta 2 have waited many months for it. Its only 8 more days! Just relax. Give the ipcc a shot, some of you will get lucky and some wont. Thats just how it is. For some reason some people have their account setup differently that allows it. AT&T has been turning callers down now for 6 weeks. Some people have gotten a helpful/stupid rep to enable it. Its very much a lottery to have a chance of them enabling it. Chill out and enjoy 3.0. MMS will be here soon enough

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

i'm gonna play the lottery!...mines been working since beta 2 or 3 i dont remember but I hit it with the gm seed yesterday and still have mms! i'm worried though when I get the new 3Gs next week will it work??? hmmmmm

Thanks

^ Yes it will. AT&T will provision all iphone accounts at that time

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

I though they said it wasn't going to be until later this fall for mms to be officially released? The ipcc gave me the option back to send em but nothig is going through yet

Thanks

I was told today from an AT&T supervisor from the tech 2 support department that they have the new iphone server up and running. They also had a meeting today in which they were told that they will be able to provision iphones at the 3gs launch

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    It may be because its so late or the fact that I have not SSH'd into my phone in over a year, but how do you activate SSH with the developers tools to place this in manually?

(unless of course someone can point me to the older itunes beta)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I was told today from an AT&T supervisor from the tech 2 support department that they have the new iphone server up and running. They also had a meeting today in which they were told that they will be able to provision iphones at the 3gs launch
    Thats basically what I am hearing as well. At launch if you want MMS you can call and they will manually take it off the block. Otherwise you might have to wait until as far back as September.
    Last edited by JamesMM; 2009-06-10 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^ You cant until the 3.0 gm is jailbroken

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast