Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

Quote Originally Posted by glxyent View Post
    I got the MMS to halfway work on my phone. I can send MMS, but I'm not receiving anything. Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?
    Just wait, it will start working.

I have MMS working on beta 4, but have my at&t account set up for PDA unlimited data plan in order to get the standard unlimited text msging that includes MMS, using my old iPhone sim provisioned for a Tilt phone.

I miss my visual voicemail and i've been told by AT&T in order to have that, you need the iPhone data plan, and with the iPhone plan, you can only use the iPhone txt msging plan.

Questions are:
    1) those that have mms working on AT&T, how do you get the Standard Text msging plan along side the iPhone data plan?
    2) which ipcc file is known working on AT&T? the one post on the first main post?

Thanks! I love MMS!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have a family unlimited plan and the iphone data plan. I am using the ipcc in the main post.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have a family unlimited plan and the iphone data plan. I am using the ipcc in the main post.
    You running beta 5? How did you get the family unlimited plan? Do I need more than one phone? Can you do that via AT&Ts website or must I call in?

Default seen this?
    this popped up the other day out of nowhere...anyone seen it?.....of course i pushed cancel and still have mms on beta 5

Thanks

That is weird. I would love for you to push it next time but its not worth the risk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

well i went to settings right after and of course there is no where to put your number in

Is anyone having problems with Windows 7 RC1 and the iPhone tethering? It works for me but when I disconnected it my computer runs extremely slow and it won't redetect the iPhone unless I restart my computer.
    Last edited by TSMWIN85; 2009-05-14 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks

has anyone else had a problem with tethering? I changed my voicemail apn setting to acds.voicemail and as soon as I do I no longer have the tethering option. not that it just doesn't work, the entire option isn't there anymore any ideas on how to fix this?

Has anyone figured out any way yet to make MMS work long term? I tried the switching out the SIM thing, but it'll only work for about 20 minutes. Tried calling AT&T, and no luck there. Anyone?

Thanks

^ AT&T is the only way!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Default arrrgh
    I'm anxious to get it working.. there's gotta be a better way than calling at&t and beg.

j

Thanks

^ They were easier to deal with several month back but by now word has spread thru most departments that they are not to provision MMS on any accounts

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dang im soo glad mine still works like a charm....wish i could save the videos though

Quote Originally Posted by glxyent View Post
    I got the MMS to halfway work on my phone. I can send MMS, but I'm not receiving anything. Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?
    I am still having this problem, I have been able to send but not receive it, but I checked it and it seems that I can receive it from a specific phone...

anyone ever herd of this

Default MMS on Beta 5 w/ At&t
    If you are with At&t and want MMS on Beta 5, follow these directions:

1. Call At&t and tell them that you use a different phone while u are at work so that u dont mess up your iphone. Explain to them that you are aware that MMS is not capable with the iphone but that u would like to be able to send mms with your other phone (since its the same price anyway), and that it is important to send pictures to your lieutenant while you are in the field. They dont know what you do for a living and they wont ask. Make sure they put you on the regular unlimited text plan and make sure they ENABLE MMS!

2. Downgrade to 2.2.1. You will be met with an error message. Close iTunes and open quickpwn 2.2.5. You will see a pop-up telling u to reset your phone by holding the power and home for 15 seconds and then the home for 2. That will reset your phone and it will come on. DO NOT JAILBREAK!

3. Restore to 3.0 Beta 4! If you are met with an error message again, run quickpwn beta4 and reset the phone just like in step 2. Once again DO NOT JAILBREAK!

4. Update your ipcc file with the one StealthBravo has on his MMS, Tethering, and Visual Voicemail thread.

5. Reset you phone by holding power and home until it goes off, then power it back on.

6. Back-up you iphone with iTunes.

7. Restore to 3.0 Beta 5. You will not be met with an error message.

8. Restore the back-up from beta 4.

9. Update the ipcc file once more, and reset you phone by holding power and home until it goes off, then power it back on. You may have to do this a couple times before it will work.

10. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE CELLULAR DATA NETWORK SETTINGS PANEL. YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO GO THERE.

That is how i have gotten my MMS to work and STAY working. I have sent multiple MMS to people with different carriers and recieved MMS back as well.

I thought it was only right to post this because of the many different ways that people are getting MMS to work. I have tried most and none worked for me, but this has.

Also, every other function on the phone works properly: Tethering, Voicemail, Internet, etc.

Let me know if this works for you!

I have a question: when 3.0 actually comes out, we won't have to do any of this, right?

Thanks

no because at&t will stop blocking it

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Ok, so that's a good thing, since they are gonna stop blocking MMS, right?

Thanks

hell yea! I'm ready to be done with all the games!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast