Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

I would like to know those settings as well. I tried the ones I found somewhere yet it doesn't work.

Do I REALLY have to call them to get MMS enabled? Doesn't MMS just send an email to a certain phone number over the internet?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    for some reason the ipcc package is greyed out when I tried to update. is it because it is for beta 3 and I am on beta 4?
    If you are windows you need to make sure the file type is selected as ipcc in the drop down menu

Quote Originally Posted by drtybrd61 View Post
    Stelth, what are the settings that you're using for apn 1/2/3? i know you listed which items are toggled on for each one, but what about apn/user name/pw?

thanks!
    I will check and post when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    I would like to know those settings as well. I tried the ones I found somewhere yet it doesn't work.

Do I REALLY have to call them to get MMS enabled? Doesn't MMS just send an email to a certain phone number over the internet?
    No MMS uses AT&T's medianet service. It is a different data network that the iphone is blocked from. You must call them and tell them that you are a developer and are on the new 3.0 and need your MMS enabled. There is a script in the first post.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19)

Ah, ok.

For method 2... Do I have to login to my AT&T account online? I don't remember my moms password... I could probably call them now (in bed lol).

[QUOTE=StealthBravo;4093861]If you are windows you need to make sure the file type is selected as ipcc in the drop down menu

thanks, but i am using a mac...

my mms is working since first phone call to AT&T! thank you to the cool reps!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm trying to upload the new ipcc but it is greyed out. I'm using a mac and iTunes 8.2. I tried renaming it from .bundle to .ipcc, I can't upload it still. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Are you on the newest itunes 8.2? If so they are blocking it in that version. If not have you right clicked on it in finder and clicked get info. Make sure it is the correct extension of just .ipcc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Are you on the newest itunes 8.2? If so they are blocking it in that version. If not have you right clicked on it in finder and clicked get info. Make sure it is the correct extension of just .ipcc.
    yes its the newest 8.2 itunes, (just downloaded it today with the beta 5) and yes i changed the ipcc from ATT_US.bundle to ATT_us.ipcc. When i rename it it becomes a foler instead of a "lego" icon and i can go into the folder and it has different languages in the, with .proj? i believe. is this normal or am i doing something wrong.. but again.. cant open the ipcc....

i never called and mine has been working since the first sim swap and me changing my text plan from the iphone one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post
    yes its the newest 8.2 itunes, (just downloaded it today with the beta 5) and yes i changed the ipcc from ATT_US.bundle to ATT_us.ipcc. When i rename it it becomes a foler instead of a "lego" icon and i can go into the folder and it has different languages in the, with .proj? i believe. is this normal or am i doing something wrong.. but again.. cant open the ipcc....
    this is what you need to do. Mac typically will automatically decompress the file when you download it. It will give you a payload folder with a bundle inside it. You need to right click on the payload folder and compress it. then right click on the compressed file and select get info. Go to where it says names and extensions and change the name to ATT_US.ipcc. It will ask you if you want to use ipcc or zip, choose ipcc. should work after that. I dont know where the state of your ipcc is right now but you can download a fresh one from the first page of this thread.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been flipping through this forum a bit. I am considering joining the developer program to get access to the 3.0 beta. Few questions for you guys

If I am a legit ATT customer and upgrade to the 3.0 beta, will I LOSE any features on my phone without doing the special techniques provided?

Also, how buggy is version 5? I read before that alot of people tried to convert back because 3.0 was very unstable.

I just updated to 3.0 but cant update the carrier bundle, the file is greyed out. Any tips?
    Last edited by iCory19; 2009-05-10 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    I just updated to 3.0 but cant update the carrier bundle, the file is greyed out. Any tips?
    You have the new iTunes 8.2 b10, if you do this itunes is block the ability to long the hack ipcc file. what you have to do is downgrade to the first 8.2 itunes. and for the stability of OS 3.0 the beta 5 is very good. i haven't have any problem with it so far.

Thanks

If you have trouble with itunes updating your ipcc, you can ssh the carrier settings into the phone.

Download the AT&T Bundle files here and unzip.

Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Replace files in Carrier Bundle.bundle with the ones downloaded in the ATT_US Folder.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (2010-03-19), LastSonOfKrypton (2009-05-11)

Default wow!!
    this is ridiculously cool. Tethering this easy.. no extra app.. worked like a charm first time!

THANKS!!

j

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If you have trouble with itunes updating your ipcc, you can ssh the carrier settings into the phone.

Download the AT&T Bundle files here and unzip.

Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Replace files in Carrier Bundle.bundle with the ones downloaded in the ATT_US Folder.
    Sorry if this has been posted, I read the last 2 pages and your OP but didn't see it. The main reason I got the beta was for MMS but now Beta 5 has removed the option to turn it on/off.

Is MMS enabled by default in the beta? If not, is there a way to enable it. I'm going to call ATT tomorrow and play the "I'm a dev game"

Hey stealthbravo, do you just want to merge my post into yours? Seems all three methods are working for me, I have photos on mine as well.

I upgraded from beta 4 to 5 and after using the ipcc update to get MMS working again I no longer can receive my voicemails, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by drivesoslow View Post
    I upgraded from beta 4 to 5 and after using the ipcc update to get MMS working again I no longer can receive my voicemails, any ideas?
    OK I got it working. All three of my APNs were wap.cingular and I changed the VM one to acds.voicemail
    Last edited by drivesoslow; 2009-05-11 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

FaceBooger (2009-06-26)

Thanks

Does the carrier update work without being on firmware 3.0? Cause I don't want to upgrade to 3.0 I want to use swirlymms.

I got the MMS to halfway work on my phone. I can send MMS, but I'm not receiving anything. Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everything works for me. MMS in/out and visual voicemail. Hopefully it will last

Only issues I had was:
    While using my old phone, after changing my plan from Iphone text plan to regular text plan, I tried for about an hour to access media net and it kept saying access denied. So I sent out an MMS and then tried media net and it opened up. I then put my sim back in the iphone.

For cellular data settings, I left wap.cingular on all except voicemail. I had to change that to acds.voicemail to receive voicemails.

All ready lost it lol. I guess it's because I never actually called AT&T. I would say I had it for half a day. My picture icon in the text message input itself is not even there anymore.
    Last edited by rah_nigga; 2009-05-12 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast