Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2g Restore and Data Plan

Default iPhone 2g Restore and Data Plan
    I am thinking about buying a friend's iPhone 2G 4gb. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken and is software 2.2. I am currently with ATT and have the $15 data plan.

If I buy this 2G:
    Should I restore (reset)the phone? How do I restore it?(I don't need it unlocked because I am with ATT)...

If I restore it, will I need to upgrade it again to 2.2 and should I re-jailbreak it?

If I do nothing to it, will I be able to use my existing sim card and use the 2G for phone and internet browsing? Or will I have to upgrade to the $30 data plan (or is that just for the 3G)?

Either way, do I have to register this phone or update my ATT account?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Anyone????
    Last edited by dj34; 2009-02-26 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would restore. Then re-jailbreak.

You will need the 2g iphone data plan for internet, etc. Its $20/month.

Will my existing data plan $15 per month (no text msg.) for my Nokia work with the iPhone 2g or does the 2G have it's own data plan like the 3G? Do I have to activate the 2G, update my plan and sign a 2 year contract?? That's not cool...

Thanks for the reply

I got it. Did NOT restore it. Works great. My AT&T Sim Card and data plan works fine (Phone and Internet). T-Mobile works fine too..

just stick your sim in plug it in to itunes and let it go it will give you the option to pick your data plan and text plan i picked the unlimited data 200 message plan for 20.00 it wont give you the option to take then 3g plan.then it will ask you to agree to the 2 year contract but dont sweat that it's just a step in itunes doesn actually apply to your used phone then when it gets done setting up and syncing your good to go.my phone wasnt jailbroken when i got it but i dont think it will matter when its all said and done if it resets it just jailbreak it again

iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea definitely Restore it and jailbreak just to erase all the contact and everything else he has done.

No need to Restore and re-jailbreak it. Why risk problems? As far as previous contacts, I manually deleted them, and I set all the phone's settings to my preference. Works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default internet plan
    when you added your 2g to your plan, the nokia plan that has $15 internet, did you have to change the internet plan for the iphone?