Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: use iPhone with AT&T without data plan?

i'm trying to do the same thing (my friend's selling me his iphone once he gets his new one) and i have no need for a data plan as i'm covered by wifi 75% of the time. is there any confirmed way to block at&t from automatically slapping on a data plan?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

^^ no "confirmed" way, but I have been using mine with no data for 2 years without charges and I did it to 3 of my family members and they don't have charges...but I've been told it's just luck, and I understand that because they can track the IMEI's but anyway...what i did was jailbreak and unlock then get SBSettings and disable edge and 3g and then disable push and location and all from the phone's settings and then jsut for safety always make sure you have wifi before accessing an app that uses internet...worked well for me...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:

cudder (2010-06-21)

^^ yeah that's what i had planned on doing. thanks for a little hope lol. most answers i've been getting are to the contrary; that they've had iphones for months and then out of the blue, they get a text from at&t

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

yea actually, AT&T are smart people, but they are also smart business people. Once my dad got a text in regard to my brother's line (we are all on a family plan) and he just called them and said it was a mistake and he would have to cancel if the charge stayed and they removed it quite quickly- Basically if you put them to it, they'd rather get some money than no money at all...I don't know how well this would work now, because this was done about 1 year ago, but it would be worth a try if they ever put a charge on you..
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123