Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM swapping (iPhone/non), account/activation question

Default SIM swapping (iPhone/non), account/activation question
    I've got an iPhone that I'm very happy with, my employer is forcing me to use a Windows Mobile device. My SIM works in that Windows phone now, so I know that I could swap back and forth as-is....

If my account is changed to a non iPhone account when it rolls to my new employer should all services continue to work if I swap that SIM back to my iPhone? It'll be an unlimited data plan with tethering.

Is there anything I need to watch out for? I did some searching and didn't come up with much. I just don't want to carry two phones, and want to keep using my phone of choice off hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You should be fine... i've heard of people having the unlimited $20 data plan and the $20 unlimited messaging plan. I don't know if your digital voicemail will still work properly without an "iphone plan" though. Keep us up to date.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mr. mindless (2008-03-05)

yeah it will work its just like having a prepaid iPhone. Viual voicemal works as well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Knight For This Useful Post:

mr. mindless (2008-03-05)

Good to hear confirmation of what I expected. I'll follow up with initial results and any issues. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the iPhone data plan your Visual Voicemail won't work. I'm pretty sure I've read that multiple times here.