Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T won't approve me for any plan ?? here's why

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T won't approve me for any plan ?? here's why
    sup,

i'm with T-Mo now, but years ago I used to have AT&T. I walked away from AT&T in a bad way (not paying a cancellation fee, not paying 2 bills and there was some charges..etc..etc) they tried to get their money few times and gave up which was never sent to a collection agency but it was reported on my credit history...

So after all these years I tried to get approved for iPhone 3G and the only way for them to approve me is if I pay $750 down payment and then I'll be free to go and use the service.

I don't have that amount of money so what options do I have. Can I use my dad or moms name to get it ??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You can if you want get someone else to sign the contract, or you could wait for a unlock to become available for the 3g, buy one of ebay and unlock it, thus still allowing you to carry on your t-mobile contract.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Your dad or mom could take care of it for you, yes. If I were your dad or mom, knowing you left ATT on bad terms with a ding in your credit history I would say NO WAY But that's just me...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

^ Agreed. You can't expect them to welcome you... You did not pay ETF, or 2 bills (by your own admittance). Your lucky that it was reported to your credit... Did you check with all three bureaus?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

lol.. you could ask the parentals if they could help you, but if they say no then you have no right to get angry.. that would be taking a huge risk..
    Tap on the Thanks button if I've helped at all..

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess you should have paid them. I do not know the details but it looks like it backfired on you. But you must put in someones name other than your name.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-09-25 at 03:02 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    sup,

i'm with T-Mo now, but years ago I used to have AT&T. I walked away from AT&T in a bad way (not paying a cancellation fee, not paying 2 bills and there was some charges..etc..etc) they tried to get their money few times and gave up which was never sent to a collection agency but it was reported on my credit history...

So after all these years I tried to get approved for iPhone 3G and the only way for them to approve me is if I pay $750 down payment and then I'll be free to go and use the service.

I don't have that amount of money so what options do I have. Can I use my dad or moms name to get it ??

That is with every credit out there. Sometimes ppl get credit and don't pay for any particular reason. You might wait 7 or more years and your credit report is clean. However, if you try to get credit at the same place that you never did paid, they will always have records of the ppl that never paid. So you want credit, Pay up.

Thanks

I've matured a lot. Now I'm 24, this used to be when I was 18 or 19 and was careless.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can have your parents set it up and then put your name on their account as an approved user who can make changes to the phone line.

You would be better off going and getting the 1st gen and staying with Tmo though. Their rates are better.

So let me understand you F)(*#D Att and stuck them with a bill and a ETF and now your upset that a Bussiness in the bussiness of making money wont extend you any credit in the form of a no deposit amount!!!! Now you want to screw up mommy and daddy's account grow up pay your bill fix your lowsey credit history so it dosnt haunt you your entire life its realy that simple..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to imnew2hu For This Useful Post:

bytebak (2008-10-11)

Thanks

My mom agreed to have her name under the account and I am authorized to make changes on the phone line, etc.

Thanks guys!