Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirlyspace MMS settings for AT&T on FW 2.1

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

att does not let MMS on iphones go on for very long if ever. u may have a better shot of having it work on a non strictly iphone plan, but like poseidon said att sweeps there network regularly and it will be reset, but good luck for the few days enjoy it while you can
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

mine still works since the 19th

I dont get why mine is working and everyone else's stops. I'm on the 3.9 bootloader from bootneuter, not sure if that makes a difference. I downloaded reenable edit apn settings from cydia, made sure it only had wap.cingular. Not really sure what else I might have done different. I called in with my sim in my razr, had them do a wap push and mms ota. Then I added media net pay per use and it worked. Media net pay per use got swiped off my account 4 minutes later and it is still working for 9 days now. When I first used it I had to have all 5 bars of service or it wouldnt send, not sure why, but now I can send with 2 bars. Well, wish I could help.
    Last edited by sinner1649; 2008-09-27 at 11:57 PM.

yeah AT&T will eventually get to it. But good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think AT&T does sweeps. I highly doubt it. Just think about it. They already have your imei number in the database. That imei number is already in the system that says block this from having mms capabilities, it would automatically block you if you are on that list. Why would they waste server time just to do a sweep if the already have your imei number in the database. It doesn't make sense. So all you peeps that come to this thread and post the same thing everybody else does just to add your "post count" by one, please do it else where. Every other post says the same dang thing, we got it. Mine still works and it's worked since the second day of release. I really doubt they will do this dang sweep. First off, everybody says it will be a day or two before they get you, then its three to four days and they will do it, then its a week, and since your wrong, now its...they will do it eventually. YEAH RIGHT!!!
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dag I wish mine would keep working

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I called AT&T today and told them that I have an app that will send and recive mms and asked them to check my account and make sure everything on there side was all set up so she did now I'm not getting the forbiden message anymore now I'm getting proxy timed out any ideas what's going out

whats your signal like? At first mine had to have all 5 bars and even then it took like five tries to get it to go through. Now I can do it with 2 bars and it usually goes through the first time if not the second time. BTW, they do system sweeps. I added media net pay per use to my account and it was taken off 4 minutes later. But, it did not matter because it did what I wanted it to do by registering mms capabilities with media net on the network. I'm not saying they wont ever do a system sweep, but they havent yet for me and ive been using it since sept 19th.

I have a family plan(5 lines) with iphone plan on my number and family text.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    I don't think AT&T does sweeps. I highly doubt it. Just think about it. They already have your imei number in the database. That imei number is already in the system that says block this from having mms capabilities, it would automatically block you if you are on that list. Why would they waste server time just to do a sweep if the already have your imei number in the database. It doesn't make sense. So all you peeps that come to this thread and post the same thing everybody else does just to add your "post count" by one, please do it else where. Every other post says the same dang thing, we got it. Mine still works and it's worked since the second day of release. I really doubt they will do this dang sweep. First off, everybody says it will be a day or two before they get you, then its three to four days and they will do it, then its a week, and since your wrong, now its...they will do it eventually. YEAH RIGHT!!!
    under this definition you are requesting nobody to post again ever... obviously you got it working so people will try your method... that is the purpose of a post, nothing obligates you to come back and read through it!

By the way, if it hasn;t been said before thanks for sharing your methods on how to get this working. Hopefully it works for lots of people
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    under this definition you are requesting nobody to post again ever... obviously you got it working so people will try your method... that is the purpose of a post, nothing obligates you to come back and read through it!

By the way, if it hasn;t been said before thanks for sharing your methods on how to get this working. Hopefully it works for lots of people
    Sorry for the mis understanding...What i meant is that I want people to stop posting "AT&T will do a sweep and disable your MMS.", not for peopl to quit posting all together. It is posted every other post. It gets annoying. And thanks for the thanks...obviously for some reason mine works but most others doesn't. AT&T has a weird system. Heck, I don't work for at&t, maybe they will do a sweep but you would think that would have already have happened.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

so if you read my reply on here on 9/22, i got it to work. today is 10/5 and still working great. i wonder why some people cant get it to work
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

Thanks

I got mine to work but it was just pure luck .. this is what happen to me .. i downloaded swirly , input all the correct settings and tried to send and it wouldnt go through... so just to see if my settings were right i took my moms sim and put in my iphone and then it would send and recieve.. so i then switched them back and tried again bc i had read this helped some ppl send and recieve but mine still wasnt working.. so about an hr later i went to log into my att account online just to look at everything and see if there was anything i could see that might help me.. well i couldnt remember my password so i got locked out of the system and started a live chat with a rep to get a new password.. she sent me a new password . so i loged in and looked around and didnt see anything obvious so i just said forget it and loged out.. about an hr later i was sitting at wendys and figured i would try to send again since i was waiting on food.. the wheel spun forever and then it made that shoosh sound when you send something ... i thought no way.. so i looked in the sent folder and there was my message.. about 2 mins later i got a message (the one i just sent to myself) i opened it and it downloaded it with no peoblem.. its been working now for about 3 days.. the onlything that i can think of is when the rep sent me a new password it reset my account and it allowing me to send and recieve... i dont know how long it will work but i didnt change my account or add anything to it .. i just simply forgot my password lol.. i do have a family plan with unlimited messaging.. i dont know what did it for me but thats how i got mine working , so if you have tried everything you could always give that a try lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am unable to download swirly from cydia... it just says running and the status bar doesn;t move and finally it give up with the return to cydia label

well i got it to download after like 15 tries but it isn;t working (not surprised lol) Even called ATT and asked them to reset my service. They did so with no questions and I was told to reboot phone. I am also on a family plan with unlimited messaging.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-10-06 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

so if you read my post, i had it workin til the other day. it said someting about not connecting to egde/gprs/3g and APN settings may be wrong. I added the wap.cingular to the APN area on the settings page, to the settings i already used, and MMS is working again.... hope this helps someone else
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

My swirlyMMS has worked since they ported it to 2.x. I did not have to call AT&T to enable MMS messaging and it still works for me. My settings are:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066:209:011:032
    APN: wap.cingular

If it helps, I have 1 line on my family plan that is a regular phone.
    Last edited by kok000; 2008-10-19 at 04:54 AM.

had it working with the first post steps but when i upgraded to 1.28 now im getting error.........suckssss

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kok000 View Post
    My swirlyMMS has worked since they ported it to 2.x. I did not have to call AT&T to enable MMS messaging and it still works for me. My settings are:
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066:209:011:032
    APN: wap.cingular

If it helps, I have 1 line on my family plan that is a regular phone.
    i'm gonna give this a try but i aint holding my breath.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/35387...swirlymms.html

MY MMS WORKS 100%, and I fixed almost 30 phones yesterday. Check the thread and then PM me with the info I require.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gQstatus05 For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2009-06-09)

Thanks

I am fairly new to this iphone stuff and my 2 stupid questions are what is the difference between mms and sms and #2 is I have a 2g and family plan with my phone only getting 200 text msg per month does sending a mms count against that?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    I am fairly new to this iphone stuff and my 2 stupid questions are what is the difference between mms and sms and #2 is I have a 2g and family plan with my phone only getting 200 text msg per month does sending a mms count against that?

Thanks for the help.
    Sms is just a plain text message, mms allows you to send pictures also. And mms should count against you 200 messages

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay I have a question and PLEASE REPLY BACK!!!! I just bought SwirlyMMS, and I have mms messages but when I try to fetch them it says Fetch Error. What do I do?
    MissLadyFeef LOVES HELP and THANKING!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12