Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mms works on AT&T!!

Default mms works on AT&T!!
    Just call in and have them add media net pay per use. Your iphone data plan will still apply. Just tell them that you use your razr sometimes for mms and you need media pay per use in order for it to work. They will add it no problem. It doesn't hurt while you have them on there to have them note the account that you wont see any charges for media net since your on the iphone plan. Good luck! Worked right away.

http://mmsc.cingular.com

everything else blank.

Credit goes to appleiphoneapps for posting this knowledge over on swirly's website. Thank you!!!

ok here's exactly what I did.......

http://swirlyspace.com/forum/viewtop...&sd=a&start=60
    Last edited by sinner1649; 2008-09-24 at 09:11 PM. Reason: more info added

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Good find. ATT gonna get a few calls right away...hahahaha.

lol forgot to mention this is of course with swirlymms

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

I have media pay per use and it still didn't work. Your iPhone data plan is good enough. What you need to have them do is reset your service. That is what I had them do and my swirlymms immediately sent out the picture messages.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

can anyone confirm this on just call to reset works????

do u have to pay to send using swirlymms???
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-09-20 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Stupid question/observation....

I thought that AT&T blocked the MMS service at the iPhone's IMEI level (at least that's what I've seen reported here and other sites). I've seen all sorts of posts of people having to use ZIPHONE to change the IMEI of the iPhone to make it work (for those on AT&T).

I'm not an MMS user, so I don't particularly want to set this up on my account to test it (much less using ZIPHONE).

However, I've got a buddy who is addicted to MMS. Both him and his wife came from Moto RZR's (giggle) and miss it with the iPhone. I'd love to be able to tell him that he can have his MMS back on the iPhone with just adding the MMS plan and using SwirlyMMS, and possibly 'resetting' his iPhone account. I was about to tell him to it wasn't ever going to be possible because of the 'rumor'(!?!) that AT&T is blocking the MMS service via iPhone's IMEIs.

So.....what is the truth? I can handle the truth.
    Last edited by hartphoto; 2008-09-20 at 05:11 AM.

i tried your settings and it did not go through. it said it timed out error could not read http heading...???? i called att and told them to activate mms and the rep told me she did. i didnt know what settings to use so i used your but it didnt work. does this work on wifi and edge? how do i get the settings for att or is the settings you gave are the correct att settings for all iphones att? if i have another phone on my family plan thats able to send and recieve mms cant i just use my wifes phone settings then??????

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It didnt work for me. I have Messaging Unlimited for 20.00. I called in and told them to substitute that for the Iphone Text Unlimited (which doesn't cover MMS). I verified rep made the change because I logged into my account online and saw that it was changed. This is really bugging me because everything is setup on at&ts side. I'll try the reset and see if that works.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

did you all call and add media net pay per use??

It's not about the imei, it's the problem that the iPhone package is not a media net capable package so when you add media net it works. That's how it used to be done with ziphone you would have to put media net on your account and change your imei. But with this way you still have iPhone plan, visual voicemail, mms everything. Sorry lots of people aren't getting it to work mine worked right away.
    Last edited by sinner1649; 2008-09-21 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

are there additional charges with the media net pay per use or is it covered in the iPhone plan? (sounds like a stupid question, but I don't want to be charged for every single mms I send out).

I dont think u need to add a plan. i am going to call tomorrow and try brads way. hes makes totaly sence. i will post on what happens mi yana....

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

I called at&t and they said if you add the media net per use onto the iphone plan it removes the data plan. They said it can be either or...not both. I told them I use a blackberry and a razor. They first said it may not allow them but I asked if they could try anyways and they did and it just removed my data plan...so the verdict was it's either or...but not both.
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

well do whatever ya want. I have both iPhone plan and media net pay per use on my account. I would know, I put it there myself. I have working mms cuz of my way.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

how did you put it on yourself Sinner? I want to get it to work.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

sinner can u hook us up if we email u our account information

or call u personal at work to do it over the phone officialy
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2008-09-23 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I only have access to Missouri markets

thanks anyway...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sinner... if you work for AT&T then you should know that you'll have to reset your setting every 48-72 hours when the system does it's auto-sweep. Your account will be tagged with an iphone imei (even if you put a different phone and and imei on your regular account settings) and disable MMS. Good luck.

dude I get what your saying but I don't see how my account can get flagged. I have an iPhone imei, iPhone plan, everything is the same except I added media net pay per use . And what that does is make mms work since on noniphones you have to have media net plan. iPhone plan is not considered media net plan and media net is disabled on it. That's why it doesn't work. I had no problems adding it and I even called in to have someone else note my account saying I was covered if there was overages. I will know in a few weeks when my billing cycle ends. But my main point is I don't see my account getting flagged for adding media net pay per use. We shall see soon enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast