Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mms works on AT&T!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I work for at&t too. How could you get a MediaNet pay per use on the acct. if you have a data plan on the account. Which SOC code did you use? MUO1?
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm not even on an iPhone plan. I am on a family plan with unlimited family messaging AND have the media net unlimited and still can't do MMS. I'm going to attempt to get back on my iPhone plan and see if they'll manually add the media net pay per use and see if that overrides the settings.

Update: Still no worky... the AT&T snooper program strikes again!

http://www.swirlyspace.com/forum/vie...tart=160#p3236
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-09-24 at 04:30 PM.

man i cant get mine to work for nothing.. again i tried to turn it on and got off the phone with att and they said all is up and good on there end. i had them turn on all mms related features and they mms me and i got the message but could not fetch it. i could not connect to proxy and http heading unreadable. what ever i tried for 4 days now i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm not even on an iPhone plan. I am on a family plan with unlimited family messaging AND have the media net unlimited and still can't do MMS. I'm going to attempt to get back on my iPhone plan and see if they'll manually add the media net pay per use and see if that overrides the settings.

Update: Still no worky... the AT&T snooper program strikes again!

SwirlySpace.com • View topic - SwirlyMMS and firmware 2.x...

Ok.........Now that I think about it when I called to have wap push and mms push to my phone ota he had me put my sim in my razr then he pushed the updates. It still did not work at that time. I then added media net pay per use (soc code wxp1) myself and it worked. So, my theory is you need to have it in something other than an iphone for the pushes to actually accept. Give it a try!!!

also, btw they did do a sweep on my account and media net pay per use is not there anymore....it was actually taken off within 4 mins of me adding it, I added it on the 19th at 419pm and they removed it 423pm....... but it still is working!!!!!!!!! : )
    Last edited by sinner1649; 2008-09-24 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

so if I use a good clean pair of soc's it should work? I have some good-ol fruit of the looms , hope this works (just being an ***)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sigh... test and see people... let me know, lol.

if it is done exactly how I wrote over on swirly forum it will work. Don't worry poseidon, it'll be ok.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinner1649 View Post
    if it is done exactly how I wrote over on swirly forum it will work. Don't worry poseidon, it'll be ok.....lol
    I'm sure poseidon (and I included) have tried every method possible. I've called at&t countless times...it just will not work for me. There's like 6 or 7 different posts about which one is the right set up, but none will work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

for the first step "1. Put you sim card into another phone that has mms capabilities, turn it on, call at&t." do you call from a land line or the phone you just put the sim into? Cause you mention swapping sims and wouldnt that cause you to have to call back?

also since you work at ATT you should be able to answer this. Do i have to call in or can a person inside the store do it. I have a friend that works inside the store but i know they dont always have access to everything.
    Last edited by flrdotcom; 2008-09-25 at 06:29 AM.

you always call from another phone when doing diagnostics. I suppose a store can do it if he can push ota's. I can't......

ok people, I called att asked them to activate the media per pay crap, and they told me that it was already activated, I relized it was already activated because my mom got a lg shine that supports mms and were on the same plan, so basically he mms activated mmsing on the whole plan, I typed in the mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032 as previously mentioned on proxy, and it didnt work.,...

Am I supposed to fill out apn username and password?

no... It don't work for me either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    ok people, I called att asked them to activate the media per pay crap, and they told me that it was already activated, I relized it was already activated because my mom got a lg shine that supports mms and were on the same plan, so basically he mms activated mmsing on the whole plan, I typed in the mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032 as previously mentioned on proxy, and it didnt work.,...

Am I supposed to fill out apn username and password?
    I have the iPhone 3G using swirlymms with no problems using the same settings you are using without calling at&t. All you have to do is put your sim in another phone that can send mms and use it for like 30 minutes talking, You don't have to really talk 30 minutes just use it. Now u go to your at&t online account you should see an option to select Messaging unlimited which is the mms/video texting plan. Choose that plan and go to my media net and register. Then use that phone and go online with it to my media net. The phone has to be set up to use wap through at&t. Now if u can send a mms with that phone,note if it say access denied. just wait a while, it will start working but don't put in iPhone unless the internet and mms is working on the other phone first! then take the sim out and put it in your iPhone and it should work! Thats all I did and its working sending and receiving I don't know how long it will last but all day long its been working.

oh yeah I have iPhone plan only with iPhone data plan, no family plan and visual voicemail still works
    Last edited by dooley19; 2008-09-26 at 09:46 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

switching phones and waiting till att.com sees that u have a diffrent phone does give the options to add unlimited messaging but i would still think it will get shut off and ud still be stuck with the extra 20 bucks on ur bill and no messaging because u have to turn off ur regular messaging to activate unlimited. then u would need to call or go online to re activate ur standard messaging. but let me kno how long it last with the ligit iphone plan and the unlimited turned on
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well I tried it and it only last a few hours once at&t recognize your using an iphone. But to get it back working, u put the sim back in the other phone and wait a lil while then, its working back on the iPhone again. this is a pain!!

well not to be an ***.. but sinner if you worked for AT&T and messed with your own account. you would be fired on the spot.. trust me i would know =)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Lol. True. I work for AT&T too, at a call center. I wouldn't dare touch my account. That's why I always call in wait forever on hold and get an idiot who doesn't know what they are doing.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

that's why you have someone else do it duh.... But I was there so ya..... But whatever good luck!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast