Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone in Central Missouri? Needing some info please.

Default iPhone in Central Missouri? Needing some info please.
    Hello, I am thinking about getting the iPhone (I currently have the Instinct and Sprint) and switching to at&t. I have talked to a couple of Reps, but they never seemed to know what I wanted.

My question is how are the speeds (both 2G and 3G) in the Columbia, MO area on the iPhone and iPhone 3G (i understand the iPhone doesn't have 3G).

Please tell speed results (and test used), location, time of day, and which version of the iPhone you are using.

Also can the new firmware do MMS?

Much Appreciated, Chris
    Last edited by chrisoverly; 2008-09-10 at 07:19 PM.

NO MMS. I don't live in Columbia (Farmington so no 3G) though the 3G in St Louis is awesome. Unless you get a faulty phone all things should be good. I highly doubt anyone here is gunna be able to give you the info you want. Hope this helps!

Geniusdog

NO MMS. I don't live in Columbia (Farmington so no 3G) though the 3G in St Louis is awesome. Unless you get a faulty phone all things should be good. I highly doubt anyone here is gunna be able to give you the info you want. Hope this helps!

Geniusdog
    Last edited by Geniusdog254; 2008-09-11 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm in saint louis and deliver to columbia and jefferson city alot and my 3g speeds are great and my edge......and no MMS.

I actually work in a columbia location, just got transfered there today. I'm not in a corporate store so I can't help you much with getting an iphone. I also do not have the 3g model but I will tell you this. With my 2g iphone I have had 5 bars of signal everywhere I was in Columbia. I did try on edge a few times and it was actually not too bad. I can do speed test tomorrow on edge and let you know the results. But as for signal it was flawless. Just to let ya know. The easiest way to test the 3g speeds is just go down to one of the corp locations and do a speed test.

download speeds on edge: 175-197kb/s. Not too bad, definitely usable. Can't tell ya on the 3g though sorry.
    Last edited by sinner1649; 2008-09-11 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost