Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipone 3g with out data service ?

Default Ipone 3g with out data service ?
    Hi this is dave . I wanted to no . I am interested in buying 3 iphone 3gs and using at&t phone service also getting on family plan. Can I get the phone service only or do you have to buy the data service also. The reason being if you jailbreak and use wifi then there would be no need to pay for the data service ? thanks !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you sign up AT&T will force you to get in an iPhone plan. You could possibly get a cheap pre-paid GO phone and call customer care after a few weeks and tell them you switched phones and need to change rate plans.. They will ask for the IMEI and model # of the new phone.. give them the one off the GO phone, but keep your SIM card in the iphone. Just be careful about racking up data usage... use bossprefs to turn off Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When you sign up AT&T will force you to get in an iPhone plan. You could possibly get a cheap pre-paid GO phone and call customer care after a few weeks and tell them you switched phones and need to change rate plans.. They will ask for the IMEI and model # of the new phone.. give them the one off the GO phone, but keep your SIM card in the iphone. Just be careful about racking up data usage... use bossprefs to turn off Edge.
    Can't they detect you're using an iPhone? I thought AT&T always enforced data plans with an iphone?

Thanks in advance