Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help ASAP

Default I need help ASAP
    I can get a new 3g iphone for $350 from my cousin who didnt realize his fingers were too fat to text so he doesnt want it. The only issue is it has a contract. I was wondering if I can unlock an iphone that has already been contracted and linked to itunes by the San luis Obispo, Ca AT&T dealer he bought it from. I have an at&t service plan already but I dont want to pay the mandatory $30 a month fee for internet nor do I want to redo my contract. On my current at&t contract I do not pay for internet but if I unlock the 3g iphone can I access the same internet that other iphone users who pay the $30 monthly fee? Will I at least be able to access the wifi at my house through my 3g for free? Can you send pics through texting if you unlock a 3g. Will I have any problems texting others on an unlocked 3g? Im going to meet my cousin tomorrow 10am pacific time so I need to know this info b4 then. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

You can just stick your SIM in his phone, and it will work just fine. You dont need to SIM unlock it, you can't anyhow, not for 3G. But you can jailbreak it, but that's another story.
    If you dont want to pay the $30 data plan...then you can only access the internet, youtube, weather, only on WIFI....well, you can access them thru Edge, but it will cost you...hefty cost i might add if you are not careful.

There is an app that will shut off your edge, but your phone has to be jailbroken before you can install that app.