Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Internet access on non-iphone with iphone plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Internet access on non-iphone with iphone plan?
    Is there any way around AT&T's block of data access for people who have the unlimited iPhone data plan but want to use another (AT&T) phone? When I put my iPhone sim in my old Blackjack II and try to use data it says "forbidden". I was able to get around this earlier this year by activating my iPhone with a pre-paid sim (thus unmarking my account as a iPhone user) but now that doesnt work

Ok heres the problem, once you stick your sim card into the iphone it lets att know that your using an iphone. with the very first call you make or access to the internet it registers the imei from the iphone. And by doing that it automatically blocks your mms capabilities and internet access on regular phones. i recommend you change your imei # to a different imei # and then call att and let them know to take that iphone data plan off and add unlimited media net. itll work. So make sure you change the imei # first and then call att and tell them your internet is not working and tha your not using he iphone no more. good luck.

Thanks

You should have regular voice service when you switch your sim card into another phone. yeah just find the imei from the blackjack and use that on iphone then when you use the iphone, att will still think your on the blackjack and will not know the difference. The visual voicemail may not work though. It seems like a sacrifice, but there may be another way to have your cake and eat it too.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if I remove iPhone data plan (and add unlimited data) then that would solve the problem, but I kinda like having visual vm. Is there anyway I could have the blackjack fooled into thinking its a iphone? I may have read your comments wrong but my account unlimited data isnt locked to one imei. I have two iPhones and they both can use it, its just any other device.

att is not stupid, once you place that first call or access the internet for the first time itll register what phone your using. Thats why they offer those different plans for different phones. media net for regular phones and unlimited "internet access" for smartphones. its the imei that makes all the difference. sorry bro but you might just be screwed