Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone existing at&t customer help!!

Default iphone existing at&t customer help!!
    hi my fellow modmyi members. i had a few questions and i was wondering if you guys can be of any assistance if possible?

ok i bought an iphone and unlocked it. i bought a china3ppg sim card off ebay and put it in. it works here and there(text messges sometimes doesnt work, but oh well). so here our my questions

i have an existing plan with at&t, family plan 2100 minutes, unlimited text messages not no data package

1) will i get charge for using edge and how much does it cost per kilobyte?
    2) will i get charge for text message, can at&t track that im using an unlocked iphone? i use to have a sony ericsson 810i unlocked.
    3) anything else i should be familiar with since i have an unlocked iphone using my old cingular sim card with a china3ppg sim card on top of it.

thanks in advance. i have search numerous boards, but i just could not find all the answers. thanks again for looking

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

I can answer the EDGE question.....yes you will be charged for using EDGE. I'm not quite sure of the charge per KB but I know EDGE sucks and it will take a while to load anything.

As far as them 'tracking' that you're using an unlocked iPhone....I think they can only see that if a tech looks through the software or something like that......

thanks for your fast response. anymore help?

Thanks

BTW, I don't think you will get charged for texting since it's included on your plan.

^thanks thats kind of relief, since i do text my gf a whole lot,, now if i can just find out how much edge cost?

by the way loyalty, what kind of data plan you think i should get? just a straight up media plan?
    Last edited by retro23phan; 2008-02-10 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Honestly I don't know a ton about the media plans.....depending on how much it costs you for the unlimited texting it may just be best to go for the unlimited date (I think its $40).

the worst thing happen today. I check my account balance and on my first iphone plan i got charged $460. It was weird because when i check my at&t wireless account it showed i had the iphone so i quickly changed it to my old razr. im not sure what im getting charged for yet, im guessing it might be data but i have to wait because my bill has not showed up on records. it kind of sucks because now im -300 to my parents for the bill and i had to purchase the PDA data plan. I was wondering does anyone know that now since i purchase the PDA data plan i can use EDGE?

Data on ATT is super expensive if you do not have a plan. Several years ago I bought a Cingular 8125 (pre-ATT/Cingular) and quickly ran up a bill of over $600 because I did not have a proper data plan. Once I picked myself up off the floor I paid the bill and quickly set up a data plan with them. Back then it was .25 per kb. I believe that it is up around .37 per kb now.

GenghisPhlip