Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to iPhone 3G

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgrading to iPhone 3G
    Well I have T-Mobile and when they can unlock the 3G iPhone I really want to get it... I know that the 3G won't work with TMO but I love the design and the GPS would be kinda cool... A family member of mine just got AT&T and I was wondering, if I have them return the phone within the 30 days and exchange it for an iPhone 3G, then after a month call AT&T and tell them the phone was lost or something, could I switch the person to a normal phone that I have and have AT&T take off the $30 data package? Basically I'm wondering if I'm locked into a contract with the data even if I don't have the iPhone on the account anymore... I know with normal phones you're not locked into the data, atleast with TMO, but since it's an iPhone and now subsidized I don't know what AT&T and Apple will pull...

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

you can do it but just tell them that you are unsatisfied with the phone and you sold it so you want to change your plan to whatever other phone the ATT person you know has. sucks for them since your screwing them out of a phone
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Again I don;t get it. Who says you have to stick with the data plan? Just tell them you don't want it..Geezz

they will sense that you using iPhone 3G on their network and "ASK" you to add the 3G $30 internet. If you refuse, they will still add it for u.

There are some people on here got that message to add 3G data on iPhone 3G!

The above is NOT TRUE. You just have to tell them disable that damn internet. If what you said is true, I would have been bombard with calls from ATT now for using a prepaid and no internet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    they will sense that you using iPhone 3G on their network and "ASK" you to add the 3G $30 internet. If you refuse, they will still add it for u.

There are some people on here got that message to add 3G data on iPhone 3G!
    If you read the OP I said that I don't want to use it one AT&T's network