Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone and Plan Compatability [Business DISCOUNT] ?

Default iPhone and Plan Compatability [Business DISCOUNT] ?
    So I'm looking at buying an iPhone, but i hear theres problems with having it on a business account, and I'm not sure what I have. Now someone please tell me if this sounds correct:

I believe i have a personal account, just with a plan discount through my business (that wont make it a business account will it?). Would this still allow me to get an iPhone and activate it under my FamilyTalk 700 plan?

Thanks.

no discounts apply toward any iphone service. i had a corporate rate plan through UPS, and when i got my iphone it took of my discount.

just a heads up.

As long as your account wasn't previously part of a larger account billed to the business, you shouldn't have any issues at all, as far as activation.

If it was, you may.
    [r a y n e]

I was on a business account (billed straight to the business) and i had to convert to a personal account. My friend had a personal account but a discount through his job, and they took it off. So you must pay full price like all of us for the iPhone. Sorry buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    no discounts apply toward any iphone service. i had a corporate rate plan through UPS, and when i got my iphone it took of my discount.

just a heads up.
    Ughh. Even if im under a family plan?

Anyone know the reasoning behind this? Sounds pretty lame.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well, if you're on a family plan, only your primary line should be receiving a discount anyway.

The reasoning is because Apple said, basically. AT&T employees don't even get a discount on the actual phone until mid-October - 10%.
    [r a y n e]

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Well, if you're on a family plan, only your primary line should be receiving a discount anyway.

The reasoning is because Apple said, basically. AT&T employees don't even get a discount on the actual phone until mid-October - 10%.
    So if i put the plan under someone else's phone on the Family Talk and make me an add-on we should still receive the business discount?

ok business account meaning fan discount?? well if anyone lives in southeast region ill give it a try for yall...let me know!

I tried to put mine on the company business account and the phone rep told me that ATT is not allowing the iphone to be hooked a business tax id number. So I had to start a new account and expense it each month. Id like to unlock the damn thing and switch it to my verizon account.

verizons not gsm... is it?

nope
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

Quote Originally Posted by RL600 View Post
    So if i put the plan under someone else's phone on the Family Talk and make me an add-on we should still receive the business discount?
    Dunno if you got an answer to this yet or not, but -

I wouldn't see why not. I don't know of any examples off the top of my head to check in the system.
    [r a y n e]

Being a former employee (I quit like 2 weeks ago) there is no discounts of any kind for the iPhone or any Apple branded accessories. I asked why and the answer I got was because in the agreement between AT&T and Apple, Apple sets a minimum retail cost(Which is why Verizon turned down the iPhone, they were approached first but Apple wanted to have too much control). Which means you can't charge anything less than this price. The same goes with anyone else that sells an Apple product (the only exception to this is Walmart and they don't discount Apple stuff very much). So this did not allow AT&T to do any discounting whatsoever even on the rate plan. Anyone wishing to have an iPhone either had to forfeit their discount (you could leave the code on your account but you could not receive the discount) or you could have it as an add a line to a family talk plan. The main line (which is the only one that receives the discount anyway) would still get the discount but the iPhone could not be the primary. It really sucks but I hope this answered your question.

This actually isn't completely true. I've personally seen bills with even the iPhone as the ONLY phone on the account - properly activated - that still include a FAN discount, despite the customer getting correspondence they wouldn't receive it.
    [r a y n e]

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    This actually isn't completely true. I've personally seen bills with even the iPhone as the ONLY phone on the account - properly activated - that still include a FAN discount, despite the customer getting correspondence they wouldn't receive it.
    That is very interesting. Do you have any other info on that, such as how they got away with this? I'm still up in the air on a data plan for right now and if I can get the iPhone plan with my company FAN discount that would be perfect ...

Anyone have an update to this situation.

I was told several times (7) by at least 4 different people at AT&T that I would receive the FAN discount after 2 billing cycles. I am currently on my 4th billing cycle and still haven't received the discount but was told that I wouldn't be receiving the discount now.

I feel like AT&T customer reps tricked me when I signed up as I wasn't expecting to paying ~$100 a month.

I called AT&T yesterday about this issue and about getting a new free phone and then shortly activating an iPhone. I have a Fan account as well.

The situation that I wanted to be in is a discounted FamilyPlan and then an iPhone data plan added onto one of the lines. So the only thing not discounted would be the iPhone data plan, which I full on expect.

The lady was VERY nice and told me that there are ways to get around the whole "no discount on anything" rule. She said, all you have to do is ensure that the line that you want to have the iPhone data plan on is the second line. The Fan discount for the FamilyPlan would be applied to the first line, the second "tag-along" line would recieve the iPhone data plan. Problem solved. I don't know who she was, but she was great!

I am in the same exact situation, except when I signed up back in Sept. they made me change the iphone's line to the primary line. So when I called yesterday they wouldn't give me any discounts on the plan.

Anyone know if I can change the lines back to having the iphone line as the secondary and the other line on the account (family plan) as the primary?

Having just gone through the AT&T FAN discount hell, here's the scoop.
    If you get an iPhone while on a family plan, you must sign it up on a secondary line to maintain the voice plan discount.
    You cannot change the phones status (primary to secondary) AFTER you activated it.

AT&T will not give you a discount if you have a single line of service.

@yuhoo22 - Any rep telling you that after x amount of time that you will receive a discount, is a liar.

It is clearly stated on their web site that the iPhone and its data plan is excluded from ANY FAN discounts.
    The only exception being the family VOICE plan where the iPhone is a secondary line. The voice plan on the primary line will still qualify for the discount.

Also, they cannot force you to make your iPhone the primary on a family plan if it was originally activated on a secondary line.

If they did this, and you can prove the phone was a secondary line at the time of activation, call them back and MAKE them switch it back.
    Ask to speak to a supervisor if the rep refuses to do it.
    If they tell you they cannot put it back, tell them you would be more than happy to refer them to your states attorney general office for fraud.
    It is ILLEGAL to alter your account in that manner.

I had a FAN discount on my family plan, however both of my phones on the account are iPhones... so no discount for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnstone View Post
    Having just gone through the AT&T FAN discount hell, here's the scoop.
    If you get an iPhone while on a family plan, you must sign it up on a secondary line to maintain the voice plan discount.
    You cannot change the phones status (primary to secondary) AFTER you activated it.

AT&T will not give you a discount if you have a single line of service.

@yuhoo22 - Any rep telling you that after x amount of time that you will receive a discount, is a liar.

It is clearly stated on their web site that the iPhone and its data plan is excluded from ANY FAN discounts.
    The only exception being the family VOICE plan where the iPhone is a secondary line. The voice plan on the primary line will still qualify for the discount.

Also, they cannot force you to make your iPhone the primary on a family plan if it was originally activated on a secondary line.

If they did this, and you can prove the phone was a secondary line at the time of activation, call them back and MAKE them switch it back.
    Ask to speak to a supervisor if the rep refuses to do it.
    If they tell you they cannot put it back, tell them you would be more than happy to refer them to your states attorney general office for fraud.
    It is ILLEGAL to alter your account in that manner.

I had a FAN discount on my family plan, however both of my phones on the account are iPhones... so no discount for me.

Everything on this is correct except for not being able to move a primary number to another. You CAN in fact move over a non iPhone number to primary from secondary. Customer care has to make the transition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast