Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grandfathered ATT Voice Plan on Blackberry -- Iphone 3G switch possible?

Default Grandfathered ATT Voice Plan on Blackberry -- Iphone 3G switch possible?
    All,

I currently have a grandfathered voice plan (North America 800) with a blackberry data plan. I have access to an activated Iphone 3g. If I can get a 3g sim card from att (tell them I bought a 3g phone in Europe) would it be possible to use that 3g sim card in an activated Iphone 3g? I understand that ATT scans to see if the data plans are correct. Following, if ATT saw i was using a Iphone 3g on an old voice plan and incorrect data plan, would they switch the data plan, but leave the voice plan intact? Frankly, I'm only interested in keeping my grandfathered voice plan...what att does with my data i couldn't care less.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks!

Thanks

We were att customers before the iphone came out and we kept our same voice plan, they just added the data plan. If you have data, why bother even telling them?
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

since the BB is on EGDE and the 3g iphone isnt, i doubt the plans are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by UNKGPiddy View Post
    since the BB is on EGDE and the 3g iphone isnt, i doubt the plans are compatible.
    I have a GoPhone SIM in my iPhone, I only get EDGE

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

why not just ask ATT? Seems like the best way to go. You are not doing anything illegal, simply asking if this is possible. I think you would keep your voice plan and pay like 15 bucks a month more for the data.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings