Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about upgrading

Default Question about upgrading
    First of all, I'm sorry if I put this in a wrong forum.

I have a first gen iPhone. I want to upgrade to iPhone 3g. I'm using my iPhone with T-Mobile but wanted to move over to AT&T. I can't activiate AT&T with my name because they wanted deposit, so I was going to sign up under my sister's name and add me as an auth. user.

I know if I use the iTunes to activate my iPhone to AT&T, it will bind me to a 2 year contract. But due to this:

"As a part of Apple’s re-negotiations with AT&T, they put in one requirement; anyone with an iPhone on their account, is entitled to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G as if they were a new customer."

Will I be able to upgrade to the iPhone 3g right away or would I have to wait? What if I go to an AT&T store and get an account that has no contract, will I be able to upgrade to 3G?

I can't go to Apple Store or AT&T store with my sister to activate the phone because first, she doesn't want to wait in line for anything. So fast answer to this would be very thankful.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any new line is eligible for the subsidized price BUT "authorized" users CANNOT add iPhones.

Only the primary account holder can...

Thanks

well if you arent an att customer than you would automatically get the 199/299 price for signing up.

To get a 3g, att will make you sign a 2 year contract no matter what.

activating an account with no contract probably will not entitle you to the 199/299 price.

The only people eligible for the cheap iphone 3g:
    New customers
    1st gen iphone owners, it must say they are iphone owners on their account status
    Current att customers eligible for a phone upgrade.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone