Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions that need answering

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Questions that need answering
    So i went to Apple today, to talk to a "genius," and like he said that even though i have a sim card with att alrdy, i can't use it, i have to use the sim card that comes with the phone.

first thing, is that true?

second, if i use that sim card, can i still jailbreak the phone? Please Let me know asap thnks all.

----dj----

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djshway View Post
    So i went to Apple today, to talk to a "genius," and like he said that even though i have a sim card with att alrdy, i can't use it, i have to use the sim card that comes with the phone.

first thing, is that true?

second, if i use that sim card, can i still jailbreak the phone? Please Let me know asap thnks all.

----dj----
    I have a phone that I bought the day after it came out, I also was using AT&T before I got the phone. When you activate your phone you will use the sim that came with the phone. The only thing that will change about your account will be the adding of a media package. Yes you can jailbreak depending on what firmware is on the phone when you buy it.

I have a phone with 1.1.1 that is jailbroken.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, you need to use the sim card that comes with the phone and yes you can still jailbreak

Unlike what the previous poster said however, you do not need the media plan. It is now optional with ATT.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Thanks

heres what i have, a 1.1.2 otb iphone. i downgraded to 1.1.1, used oktoprep and upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbroke it using the jailbreak.exe file. i then just popped in my att sim card from my family plan and have been using it for a little under a month. so as for question number 1, no, its not true, you can use the sim card you have now. question number 2, as long as the firmware can be jailbroken ( and i think all can be ) you can jailbreak it.

st3b0

3g 16gb iPhone 2.2.1
    Jailbroken on AT&T

If I help you, help me by pressing THANKS =]