Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Disposable SIM in iPhone

Exclamation AT&T Disposable SIM in iPhone
    How can i use a AT&T(Don't tell me I have to unlock b/c it's still an AT&T sim) disposable prepaid sim into the iphone. I have an unactivated 1.1.2 OTB iphone and a cheap AT&T pay as you go cellphone.

Also if edge is disabled will the iphone still function? I mean will i still be able to use all of the iphone widgets on wi-fi?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if u have a 1.1.2otb phone, follow the 1.1.2 otb jailbreak/activate instructions all over the interweb.

even tho u have at&t prepaid card, might as well jailbreak/activate it then use ur prepaid card.

dude so i jailbrake my 1.1.2 OTB and then activate my prepaid sim and use it in the iphone? And you're 10000% sure this will work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

dude lol. jailbreaking ur 1.1.2otb phone will activate it for you. then jus pop in that prepaid card and your off to enjoying ur iphone. no edge i think tho, as prepaid plans don't come with it unless at&t is different then tmobile.

thanks for helping me out. I was just making sure because i read somewhere that in order to use a prepaid sim you have to use this hack called "iASign". Do you what that is?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iasign was an old method to bypass activation i believe. no need for it. jus do the jailbreak method and it'll bypass activation for you as well as give u the installer.app so u can use 3rd party apps. then jus toss ur prepaid card in it to make phone calls. and wa-la