Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G data only? Help me save money plz

Post iPhone 3G data only? Help me save money plz
    ok so I just ordered my 3G iphone and have a regular one. Is there anyway to get just a data plan. I don't text or talk, I've heard of a prepayed
    Data only. Will this work with 3G? Even if I need to pay an early termination fee it would be worth it in the long run.

Even with "prepay", you still pay a monthly fee. Just like a regular plan...actually more expensive. I dont believe AT&T will let you just buy some minutes to use whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Even with "prepay", you still pay a monthly fee. Just like a regular plan...actually more expensive. I dont believe AT&T will let you just buy some minutes to use whenever.
    AT&T's GoPhone PrePay has two options... The "Pick Your Plan" (which is better for people who are actually going to use voice) -OR- "Pay As You Go", where you pay no monthly/daily fees, just $0.25 per minute when you make calls to any number other than 611. You load the prepay account and each month you login, or call 611 and order the $20 unlimited internet.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewBucklin For This Useful Post:

shadowck5000 (2008-07-28)

and this works with 3G WOW thanks. So I'll just pay early termination to get a 3g phone. But i've hear your can get caught doing this? Anyway to avoid this?

Well, I've been working just fine since day 1 of the 3G iPhone release... I've downloaded apps, surfed the web, uploaded pics to facebook.... Lots of data transfer, and everything still works...

Only thing was that threatening text message, which seemed to be just that; a threat. I have yet to hear anything else from them....

See other thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/25775...t-message.html
    ===========================================

DFU Restore Mode - Quick How-To:
    1. Power phone OFF.
    2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds.
    3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewBucklin For This Useful Post:

shadowck5000 (2008-07-29)

Sorry to bump this ANCIENT topic.

1.) Does this still work?
    2.) Does the iPhone have to be unlocked for this to work?

Quote Originally Posted by eff3ctz View Post
    Sorry to bump this ANCIENT topic.

1.) Does this still work?
    2.) Does the iPhone have to be unlocked for this to work?
    Well not really. Mainly people who were doing this were on pre-pay plans and AT&T has done away with unlimited data for pre-pay. You could pay $20/month for 100mb but that's the best you can do to my knowledge.

Wow, that blows.

Any way to get a cheap plan for the iPhone in any way? ($40/month or less)? Any way to just get data-only, no voice like TMobile?

Wow, that blows.

Any way to get a cheap plan for the iPhone in any way? ($40/month or less)? Any way to just get data-only, no voice like TMobile?
    I don't believe so Sorry. Take my advice with a grain of salt though, I'm not super knowledgable in this area. I just have read a lot on these subjects as I'm looking to actually drop data. We have citywide wifi for $10/month which is cheaper & faster, especially since I don't have 3g in my area yet (it's close though )

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I don't believe so Sorry. Take my advice with a grain of salt though, I'm not super knowledgable in this area. I just have read a lot on these subjects as I'm looking to actually drop data. We have citywide wifi for $10/month which is cheaper & faster, especially since I don't have 3g in my area yet (it's close though )
    Well, I currently have an ipod touch 2g, but it's just not enough. Everywhere I go I never have WiFi, so that's why I'm looking into the iPhone.

Thanks for your help.

Wow, that blows.

No not for the iPhone.

If you can prove that you deaf you can get a data text plan only. Other than that nothing will work

No thats a different actually more expensive plan