Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Correct sequence of Pay As You Go activation

Default Correct sequence of Pay As You Go activation
    Hi ALL,

I am only step from getting my iPhone on AT&T's Pre-Pay, or Pay-As-You-Plan (I think ). But, I'm having trouble getting anyone to tell me the correct sequence to proceed.

I have an iPhone, originally came with v1.0.2 FW. It has been fake activated, and jailbroken (not yet unlocked). It now has v1.1.1 FW. I am using it for everything but a phone (WiFi, 3rd party apps, etc.), and everything works fine.

I have a ATT/Cingular 64K new SIM card on the way. It is new and inactivated.

Where do I go from here? Do I first install something like AnySIM using NIdependence, then insert the new SIM and activate it on AT&T's website?
    Or, does the SIM get inserted first before the software?

What's the difference between using AnySim and iPhoneSimFree (other than the cost)?

Am I missing anything?

I'm not asking to be "spoon-fed" the answers, as I've tried searching all over the net for this particular question, with no luck. Everything I've done so far, I've done myself by reading through these forums, which I consider to be the best source on the net.

My thanks in advance to anyone that can steer me into the right direction. I've learned a lot through these forums, and I certainly appreciate everyones knowledge and help. I'm a network guy, and really, am completely ignorant of cell phone modding or even anything other than basic use, so your help IS appreciated!! If I can help you in return, I'll be glad to.

THANKS!!
    Ted

Default Never mind...
    Sorry to have bothered anyone... I figured it out myself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I am curious. How did AT&T allow you to activate a prepaid plan?

See the instructions that I just posted...