Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get the iPhone on prepaid SIM??

Default How to get the iPhone on prepaid SIM??
    Okay can anyone tell me if the iphone is capable of using AT&T "Pay as you Go" prepaid option. If so can you tell me in detail how to do it. Can i just bypass activation, jailbrake and put in the prepaid SIM into the iphone?

I have:
    -unopened, unactivated OTB 1.1.2 iphone
    -a cheap pre-paid AT&T Pay as you go Phone.

PLEASE HELP. If this can't be done I'll just probably wait for the iphone 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    Okay can anyone tell me if the iphone is capable of using AT&T "Pay as you Go" prepaid option. If so can you tell me in detail how to do it. Can i just bypass activation, jailbrake and put in the prepaid SIM into the iphone?

I have:
    -unopened, unactivated OTB 1.1.2 iphone
    -a cheap pre-paid AT&T Pay as you go Phone.

PLEASE HELP. If this can't be done I'll just probably wait for the iphone 2.
    Yes, you can use a prepaid sim card BUT you must DOWNGRADE to 1.1.1 and then JAILBRAKE it first. At that point you can use the prepaid sim, however, you should upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbrake again.

There are many tutorials how to do this, look on "GUIDES" - top left corner of this page.

correct me if i'm wrong,
    but as far as i know, "jailbreaking" does NOT enable other simcards on your iPhone...
    it's "unlocking" that does that.

and we all know that "unlocking" an OTB 1.1.2 is not possible yet.
    (but closing in thanks to the upcoming 1.1.3?)

hey dude i think you might be wrong cause im talking about a "AT&T" prepaid sim. SO i dont think you would have to unlock for a ATT sim

That link you posted is for Gophone Pick Your Plan which is different from Pay as you Go.. The PYP plan requires a monthly payment taken from a cc or bank account while payg just requires you to buy your minutes however you can't add an unlimited MEdia net plan on the account.

Quote Originally Posted by nirav464 View Post
    hey dude i think you might be wrong cause im talking about a "AT&T" prepaid sim. SO i dont think you would have to unlock for a ATT sim
    like i said: "... correct me if i'm wrong..."

Anyway, I hope you managed to get it to work

can someone confirm whether pay-as-you-go gophone sim works with a jailbroken iphone? thanks.