Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this possible???

Default Is this possible???
    I have AT&T and am getting an iPhone 3G for myself. My mom also wants one but she doesn't have AT&T. Is it possible to do this?

I'll buy her a phone with a 2 year contract for $199, activate it and then cancel the contract which you can in the first 30 days. Even if they ask for $200 termination fee, I will be getting an activated phone for $399.

Well the reason I am asking this is because I heard you cannot just buy the phone. You have to have a contract. I might be wrong...

Let's say I can do this and get the phone, is it already unlocked for all GSMs because she will be using it overseas

Thanks...

Its not unlocked....hence the HUGE agreement between Apple and AT&T. Hence the reason sooooo many people are waiting for an unlock method to come out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

it's not unlocked yet so you could get it and wait til the unlock comes

so after the unlock comes, can i buy one with a contract and then cancel the contract? therefore I can get a iPhone 3G for $199?

Quote Originally Posted by batikan View Post
    so after the unlock comes, can i buy one with a contract and then cancel the contract? therefore I can get a iPhone 3G for $199?
    Yes, you would still have to pay the ETM and plus you first month of service with at&t. But it still be contract free afterwards