Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Roaming Charges on VOICEMAIL???

Default Roaming Charges on VOICEMAIL???
    AAGH!

I need your help/input guys. I went to the caribbean for a week in June and I get a bill for $150 of roaming fees. The problem is, I only made *2* calls. Before I went, I specifically asked an AT&T retail employee if I can carry my phone in the caribbean without penalty. I was told specifically that if I turn off my data roaming then I will only get charged for the calls that I make. That will be the only overages.

They are charging me $2.99/minute for every single voicemail call I receive while there.

HUH???

Has anyone else experienced this? I am especially upset because I did my due diligence and still got screwed. They offered to refund 1/2 the roaming charges as a one time "courtesy"..

Uhm... No, they need to remove the whole thing. I am currently awaiting a call back from a higher power that for some reason, takes 24-72 hours.

They must be busy with complaints.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

When I traveled to Canada they told me that any calls I recieve (that I don't answer or let goto voicemail) while my phone is on, I can be charged for.

But if they goto voicemail while my phone is off, then I wouldn't be.

I am with T-mobile and that is what one of the CSR told me.

Whoah, that is totally crazy. I never would have left my phone on if I knew that!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah, well I called 3 times and only 1 person told me that.

When I goto Taiwan in about two months I am using a sim card there or leaving my phone in airplane mode.