Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone on att with previous plan

Thanks

Default iphone on att with previous plan
    i just got my otb 1.1.2 from the apple store and i downgraded to 1.1.1, then jailbroke it, used oktoprep, and upgraded to 1.1.2, then jailbroke it and am using it with my sim card from my family plan. i was wondering if att knows that im using an iphone even though i dont have an iphone plan or data plan.
    and i was wondering if this would bring any charges.

thanks for any help
    st3b0

3g 16gb iPhone 2.2.1
    Jailbroken on AT&T

If I help you, help me by pressing THANKS =]

Yes AT&T will know that you have an iPhone.

I just done the exact same scenario as you two weeks ago and when I look up my account online it will not allow me to change features because it says that I have an iPhone.

My billing period has just ended so it may be until your next billing period til you see the message.

As far as additional charges I dont think there will be any but I havent got my bill yet so I am not sure.

Of course if you dont have any data plan at all you will be charged per KB (on edge not WiFi) on the default pay-per-use plan (adds up quick)unless you have it blocked.

Hope I helped

chief523

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chief523 For This Useful Post:

st3b0 (2008-01-05)

hm...this is interesting. i recently upgraded from the old att to the new att. i have a corporate discount plan and was told if i bought an iphone i would lose my discount permanently. so, my friend gave me his old 1.1.1 iphone week 37 with plans to jailbreak and unlock the phone (work in progress). if the phone is unlocked, will att still know i'm using an iphone and cancel my corporate discount?

Thanks

Default thanks
    thanks for the help bro. i appreciate it
    keep me posted for the extra charges thing.
    one thing i did was install services and i turned off edge and pretty much just work off of wifi. =]

thanks again
    st3b0

3g 16gb iPhone 2.2.1
    Jailbroken on AT&T

just to add to the thread, i ulocked my iphone, put my sim in and gained att service, but att recognized the phone right away. I also cant make any changes and i dont know how its going to affect my plan, but as soon as i get my next bill i'll update the thread. Even worse for me is i have a corporate discount through my employer that im worried about losing, but i'll know soon enough. If anyone else has an update please add the information.

I have been using my iPhone with my corporate cell phone SIM in it for the past several months. It has worked fine accept Corporate does not allow ant data services, not even text messaging. I never heard of any issues regarding the phone bill and ATT aill not sell you an Iphone on a business account.

Kevin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinsmith84047 For This Useful Post:

st3b0 (2008-01-09)

I have been using my #2 iPhone on an old cingy account since day 1 of being able to activate with jailbreaking it. I just have unlimited media net for 19.99 and it works like a charm. Att knows Im using the iphone without using the iphone plan but its not like they can legally do anything about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

st3b0 (2008-01-10)

yes what jedi said ive had my phone for a while and have not seen any changes in charges i just use the wifi no edge and yes they do know what kind of phone you have but i think they cannot do anything about it ive had no problems whatsoever

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thebambino For This Useful Post:

st3b0 (2008-01-10)

Thanks

Default =]
    okay from waht ive heard, i seem to be doing okay. like you guys said and i might of said earlier, i turned off edge with services so i wouldnt get any charges like that. and i signed onto my att account last night and my iphone showed up and i was like damn....but i changed it lol it prolly changed back automatically but idc. i guess i will find out for sure when my bill comes but thanks for all the help everyone and i will keep this posted once i get my bill and i hope you do the same

st3b0

3g 16gb iPhone 2.2.1
    Jailbroken on AT&T