Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll

25 28.41%

16 18.18%

23 26.14%

7 7.95%

17 19.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any one else's 3G Coverage SUCK!?

Thanks

Default Any one else's 3G Coverage SUCK!?
    I live in Atlanta, and according to AT&T's coverage map, I am in a 3g zone. I am deep in it to be exact. But low and behold, i pull out my phone to get my news, and im crawling on EDGE. In fact, i havent had a reliable 3G connection yet. Any one else experiencing this? What was that extra 10 dollars going towards?

yes, did a quick search online and people are reporting that the iphone 3G has a very bad 3G antenna. Next to nearly any other 3G phone people are reporting up to 4 bars lower reception with 3G
    Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has been working really well, and i even get 3G inside my house sometimes, though i usually use the Wi-Fi, whenever i have gone out lately and looked at my phone it is 3G
    -Nicole

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i have heard more complaints than compliments about the 3g coverage, i have a cousin in Florida and a cousin in ATL and they said its just like having the 1st gen all over again. Sounds like it hasnt lived up to all the hype. Im glad i kept the 1st gen
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Thanks

Yeah it is kinda of frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius389 View Post
    Mine has been working really well, and i even get 3G inside my house sometimes, though i usually use the Wi-Fi, whenever i have gone out lately and looked at my phone it is 3G
    Where do you live?
    Last edited by tyfly867; 2008-07-14 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My 3G is Awsome in south florida

Quote Originally Posted by Snboard2286 View Post
    My 3G is Awsome in south florida
    yea i live in miami its awesome i havent lost 3G yet

I'm actually really surprised with the 3G coverage in my area. I had to go out into a swamp wildlife preserve before I lost my 3G signal. I find that I get better signal strength with my 3G phone. At least 1 extra bar if not 2.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

really mine isnt that well and i live in so flo myself
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

I live in Dayton, Ohio. At home and at work I get 2 bars on 3G and 4-5 bars on Edge. When I'm outdoors I get 3-4 bars of 3G, sometimes (but rarely) 5. I'd say coverage is pretty good here on the major highways, it just doesn't penetrate into buildings as well as it could... Compared with my previous provider, Sprint, which I had NO problems with EVDO indoors or out...

Thanks

3g is very patchy here. One second I'll have, then I'll move out of it, and then back into it again.

3 g is great in south florida for me as well. I even get it in the break room at my job... Battery sux though so I have been turning the 3g off during the day...

I live in Hawthorne CA and same here i get no 3g in my apartment which i understand. i figured itll work outside and what do you know 1 single bar. I go to work picturing myself on my lunch time going through most of the appstore and that is when i got pissed..1 or two bars if i walk around like in idiot and this is while being out in the open. the only time i saw 3g at full strength was on the freeway............i dont live on the freeway! To make things worse is that i had a 16gb iphone and bought the new one because of its 3g features now i have a shiny edge iphone with an installer called appstore but this one charges me money for garbage apps.

Thanks

Does ATT have any plans to expand their 3G coverage?

Default Spotty coverage in Denver, CO
    I live in downtown Denver (Capital Hill). The 3G coverage in a three block radius of my house is pitiful. Just two blocks to the west or three blocks to the east you'll find perfect coverage. Its so frustrating. The EDGE network coverage is also fairly poor (but significantly better than 3G) in that same area...

I've called AT&T a few times about it, and as per norm, they "logged the complaint" and told me that is all they can do.

I live in south fl (west palm area ) and i drive most of palm beach co and some of broward and the 3g coverage has been great!! 4 bars signal strengh in 3g , not sure what edge is anymore thank god

ha i live near Atlanta too! Peachtree city to be exact...but yeah when i go through Atlanta my connect shows 3g but appears to be sluggish....mhmm

Thanks

I live in Peachtree city too! I have bad coverage but for some reason I get a good 3g coverage around carrabas. But the GPS is accurate on the golf cart trails.

I live in New York, and I must say, I'm very impressed at what I've got here. From my house in Queens, I always get full coverage and its pretty fast. Every place I've visited has given me 3G coverage. I even got all 5 bars while waiting for the Dark Night to begin in Forest Hills (Queens, again) on Sunday whereas with my Sidekick, I would lose reception in such movie theaters.
    I can't wait to go to the city and see my experience there. I love the fact that the GPS also pinpoints local MTA transit buses and trains; that should help when I'm off lost in Chinatown.

What's Jailbreak? Monkey Johannon's Avatar
    Thanks

Im in Atlanta...at my house i have full bars of 3G, but it doesnt really matter because it gets WiFi anyways, when i venture out, especially where i work which is still considered in the city of Atlanta (and by their map on AT&T, WELL in the 3G coverage area), i get NO 3G coverage, it kicks back to Edge everytime...this was irritating when i first got the phone because i was trying to show a friend of mine the features vs. his old iPhone and it was basically slow as a snail...he actually hasnt purchased one because of this.

Atlanta has a very filled out coverage area, yet i find 3G to be quite hit or miss as the first poster stated. Ive honestly considered selling it and going to another phone but im very happy with all the other features, i just wish that the iPhone's new namesake would live up to its hype.

My biggest complaint thus far though has to be the bugs, my first iPhone, even after being jail broken, was relatively bug free, this one glitches all the time, i was actually IN the AT&T store asking about cases when it did it the other time, guy wanted to see the app's i had and it glitched and reset and took forever to come back on...so annoying.
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils...is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast