Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reception Issues?

Default Reception Issues?
    Hi, I am new to this forum and I appologize if this question has already been asked or this topic brought previously to discussion, but I am now on my second iPhone, having exchanged my old one at an apple store, and I still am experiencing the same issue. I live on the 21st floor of an apartment building in the middle of Manhattan, and while im lying on my bed by the window using safari, I go from having 5 bars and the edge symbol, down to 1 bar and no edge. Service returns in about 10-20 seconds, and this issue happens randomly and about once an hour. I am on the AT&T network, and my phone is an OTB 1.1.2 that is not unlocked or jailbroken. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Alex

after doing a complete restore and setting up as a new iphone to make sure there is no corrupt file being transffered, i'm still having the same problems. this is really mind boggling. any ideas anyone?

Just wondering, I know you say it happens randomly once and hour. But at what time of the hour, 10mins, 15mins, 30mins pass the hour? There may be some sort of radio broadcast in your area. Just a thought.

i didnt mean exactly once an hour, some times it happens twice within a half hour or doesnt happen for a few hours, its been better lately but now i just seem to get dropped calls even when i have five bars in the middle of the street.

perhaps they say att is the carrier with the fewest dropped calls because they are the only carrier with dropped calls.

same here, im in brooklyn but work in manhattan. Irregular reception, dropped calls. i have tried on 3 iphones. its ATT that such here. Im thinking about switching to T mobile...