Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I lose my discount buying the 3G at Apple?

Default Do I lose my discount buying the 3G at Apple?
    Rumors are spreading fast that it will, I need someone to clarify this for me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what discount? its still 199/299 if you are eligible....FAN accounts can't buy at the apple store however.

For some reason, I get $10 off per month, for a bit on the 1st iPhone, I lost my discount, I got it back after a while, but this plan is much more expensive so I would rather not pay. And what is FAN?

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    For some reason, I get $10 off per month, for a bit on the 1st iPhone, I lost my discount, I got it back after a while, but this plan is much more expensive so I would rather not pay. And what is FAN?
    Fan = foundation account number.

3G iphone - All new 3g iphones qualify for Fan discount.

2G iphone - 2g iphones were not available for Fan discounts before the release of the 3g. Now after the release of the 3g you may qualify depending on..... if your iphone is on the primary phone line. If your iphone is your primary number on your line, you do not qualify for Fan discount. However, if your iphone is an added line to the primary line, you qualify for the Fan discount.

The easy fix for this, if your iphone is the primary line, is to call in and ask ATT to put one of your secondary line as the primary without mentioning Fan or any other discounts. If you call ATT regarding the Fan discount, they will tell you that you can not change the primary number on your family plan simply to get the discount. If that happens, just call back later with a different ATT rep. Otherwise they will put a note down on your account so you can not pull a fast one on them.

Hope this is helpful.

are you smoking crack? there is no 2G iPhone
    8GB Apple iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msboy2011 View Post
    so wat phone r u using rite now? 1g iphone?
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by msboy2011 View Post
    LOL hahah joka..

Yeh I don't want to make a complete prat out of myself here but i only got to know that the 1st Gen iPhones where labeled as "iPhone 2G" when the pre-promotion started off for iPhone 3G... i always used to think its just called "1st generation iPhones or iPhone 8GB/16GB"

LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

If you get a 3g iphone at the apple store you can not have any corporate discount on your account or else they won't sell you the phone.

Thanks

i bought the iphone, THEN added a fan number, and it was on my account for a few days then disappeared, where did it go?

i went down to an apple store on launch day TO GET THE 3G.. while waiting In line rumors started to circulate that people in the store were having FAN problems and that they could not sell a iphone with it on there account.. i quickly called at&t while i was in line and had my FAN discount removed. when i got in the store 3 hours later i had no problems what so ever with my account. after i left i went home and added my FAN DISCOUNT BACK TO MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT INCIDENT.