Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iphone rate plan ?

Default 3g iphone rate plan ?
    I have searched and haven't found an answer exactly for my question.
    I have a at&t family plan, and I live in an area that does not have 3g service within 200 miles so the 3g does me no good. Do i have an option to get the 3g plan? or is it forced? Also if i buy one off of eBay when the price comes down and after they are jailbroken and activated if i just put my sim in will they be able to turn on the 3g service, and change my plan? I just don't want to pay an extra $30 for something i cant use. Thanks, Jared

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

its not just a 3G data plan for the iphone, its a general data plan for it. the phone will switch between bands whenever edge or 3G is available.
    you will need to switch the IMEI for the phone if you go on the hackivated route but its better to get the plan and cheaper. hope it helped
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

That sounds a lot better, but somewhere i have heard that is illegal? What are the consequences for it if you get caught? Also can they tell what type of data(3G, or EDGE) im using to know if im using a different phone. Thanks

It's required to pay the 70 dollars. You can't get out of it. A lot of state have areas where they don't have 3G, but you're still going to require to pay for it. I don't have 3G where I live only when I go downtown I get it and I rarely do that.

Well it doesn't look like it is illegal in the USA, but what does this violate on AT&T EULA? If it is just the warranty im pretty sure that is violated by jailbreaking right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreaking does technically void your warranty if they see the mods and stuff on your phone. you can try the unlocked route but att are sneaky at catching people
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon