Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: at&t is #%*! unbelevible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Default at&t is #%*! unbelevible.
    well first off i got to the store around 5 30 because i woke up late, but still only about 40 people were ahead of me.

anyways i get to the front of the line and am about to buy my iphone only to find out that their out of all 16 gig black and white iphones.

why the **** wouldnt they tell you this **** before you wait 4 and a half hours in the hot weather of las vegas and get all dissapointed like this.

well i gotta 8 gig to play around with for the time being until i can exchange it for a white 16 gig.

its hellaa messed up of them to do that though.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

look at it this way...they figure once you get to the front of the line after waiting 4+ hrs. you are not going to be like alright thanks and walk away. You still bought one and put money into the register, why tell people and have them leave and lose potential customers?

It sucks, but least you have one to hold you over and by the way.....................................white is going to be fresh as hell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jm12345 For This Useful Post:

zsuns (2008-07-11)

Thanks

yeah your right.
    it annoys me also how when i got there i asked how many total you guys have in stock.
    there answer was we dont know.
    its not that hard to go back there, look and take an estimite.
    plus someone has to know how much they were getting shipped.
    but yesssss i cant wait for the white one, plus my 3g one i have now is hella glitchy like random crashes and a yellow screen.

I waited in line at the att store for over two hours and they ran out of 16gb white and black.So i left there and went and stood in line at the apple store for 4 more hour ,but i did walk out with a 16gb white

Thanks

Or you coulda just been sensible and waited a couple of weeks
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

yeah wellll ya know at least i get to exchange it =]

What's Jailbreak? Monkey Johannon's Avatar
    Thanks

So you blame the store because you waited in line for a product that you knew would be in limited quantities? Sorry man, not trying to pick a fight but you should have got up when you planned to instead of sleeping late.

There were 100+ people in line that didnt get iPhone's where i was because they sold out, i heard the same thing "Why didnt you tell us earlier!"...when some of those people arrived no more than 20min. before the doors opened. To me, that is rediculous, you want something on release day, and there is a VERY limited quantity of product? You get your *** up early and you get what you want.

No offense brother, i hope you get the iPhone you wanted soon...but next time just get up early, dont blame it on the store for not telling you.
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils...is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    yeah wellll ya know at least i get to exchange it =]
    why and how will you be able to exchange it?

Thanks

AT&T's stock has been Sh%^^y. Apple store's have been getting multiply more stock.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

at my store one of the reps came out at 7:30 to tell us that they only have 20 phones in stock. they don't know how much they were getting till they actually got there and he also said that he wasn't supposed to tell us how many he had but he knew #21 on weren't gonna get anything and in case they didn't want to wait, that specific store decided to make that announcement. they actually knew very little details of the phone in their inventory even the morning of. every time someone asked a question someone had to go to the back and check but at least they were nice enough to do so

I guess i should feel lucky. as soon as the doors opened at my att store the manager came out and specified his whole stock. He just came out said "i have 50 8gb black 20 16gb white and 20 16gb black". As soon as he said that most people started counting the line to see if they even had a chance of getting one. i was number 70 and said cool but now i asked myself if the first 40 or 50 people take the 16gb im screwed. Then the manager started coming out every 30 min announcing what was left........bottom line is i guess it varies by management i walked out with a 16gb white iphone.

What's Jailbreak? Monkey Johannon's Avatar
    Thanks

At 7am they walked out of our store, said "We have 110, 55 8gb's, 30 16gb black and 25 16gb white" and walked in, people still waited though, lol.
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils...is still choosing evil." - Jerry Garcia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had a similar experence at the apple store. I checked online last night and showed up at the apple store at lenox mall in atlanta GA at 9:00, to find they had sold out. i checked online and called they said they had plenty, but apparently "plenty" means 4. The guy at the store told me they had 4 phones for today and they were already gone.

Thanks

Im just happy to have mine. The less contact i have to have with AT&T, the better.