Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid iPhone help.

Default Prepaid iPhone help.
    So I'm sitting here with my $400 paperweight and I'd like to sign up my iPhone using the "Pick your Plan" service. The only reason is because I'm a minor and because 2 years is a long commitment. I was wondering if I should use the magical 999... or use my real social since I am a minor with no credit. I've read about sometimes the 999 actually going through and giving individuals 2 year contracts but I don't want to risk that happening and then having to call up and explain what happened.

So which one should I use?

Just use your own credit & see how it goes. I had a 18 yr old kid come into the store today & was accepted for 5 lines with no deposit with absolutely NO credit history. All he had was a debit card under his name. Never know. Worst case, it will come back with a deposit & you can select to use PYP. What will suck about PYP though is no visual voicemail & you're looking at more money a month for service.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hozay09 For This Useful Post:

KTom (2007-12-27)

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    Just use your own credit & see how it goes. I had a 18 yr old kid come into the store today & was accepted for 5 lines with no deposit with absolutely NO credit history. All he had was a debit card under his name. Never know. Worst case, it will come back with a deposit & you can select to use PYP. What will suck about PYP though is no visual voicemail & you're looking at more money a month for service.
    Thats not exactly what I want to hear. :P That then means most likely I'll pass the credit check.

I just went ahead with it like you said and now I'm hoping for the best. Now my activation "needs a little more time."

YES! It worked!
    Last edited by KTom; 2007-12-27 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost