Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How AT&T screwed me out of my iPhone experience

Default How AT&T screwed me out of my iPhone experience
    I'll make it quick.

1) My old service provider contract expires 1 month before iPhone comes out

2) So I go to AT&T and tell them I want to get the new iPhone on July 11, but I need to have service now so I don't loose my number.

3) Guy at AT&T store says, no problem, let me set you up with an account now and you just won't use the 2-year contract incentive up so that way when the iPhone comes out you can use it then..

Well I go there and apparently AT&T threw my 2-year contract incentive out the window and I don't have it anymore, plus something happened and my account has been flagged to where I can't get an iPhone at all now.

Sweet....

Another typical Death Star Experience

Yeah really frustrating. Just bad timing to have a situation like that. I was hoping on being able to get that damn phone because I knew it would cheer me up. Oh well. Nice try.

Thanks

I thought that you can still keep your service/number even if your contract has ended. Think of yourself as a free agent, able to play on the team, but free to go somewhere else whenever you want.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Once again the trusting fool is screwed.

Get it in writing or it isn't real. Those sales jockies will tell you ANYTHING to get you to sign. (I know, I worked as one for awhile. Which is why I quit, that **** is bull)

It is true, it's just the same when speaking to the customer reps on the phone- for any big corp.

I had comcast tell me 'free install', then I receive a bill for $50 install? Or that certain boxes were 'free' and didn't 'cost anything per month'.

I got screwed too...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Sue 'em all i say!
    On the other hand, you have fingers

The dude is right...u are a free agent when you contract expires...pretty much month to month.... sorry bro...