Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the Warranty Transferrable?

Default Is the Warranty Transferrable?
    I'm a go-phone user. (Meaning my iphone bill is prepaid). I have a 4GB now and with everyone running out to get the 3G phones I'm quite sure that I'll be able to come up on a 8GB or 16GB. My 4GB phone has the warranty that lasts a year from the time i activated it, my question to all is while upgrading to one of these units...

1) Will my warranty still be any good?
    2) Can i use the warranty that is already on the phone that i'm
    purchasing if it has not expired yet.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

IMO no the warranty will not transfer from the old to new phone. Why would you want that because if you only had three months left the new phone would only get a three month warranty. I am sure the NEW phone will have a NEW warranty (unless you buy it used). If i were you i would go to the AT&T website and look or call the carrier you will be using.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG2621 For This Useful Post:

bretthartt (2008-07-03)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    IMO no the warranty will not transfer from the old to new phone. Why would you want that because if you only had three months left the new phone would only get a three month warranty. I am sure the NEW phone will have a NEW warranty (unless you buy it used). If i were you i would go to the AT&T website and look or call the carrier you will be using.
    I'm sticking with AT&T as the carrier... And I'm guessing you're referring to going to the Apple/AT&T store to get a new Version 1 phone (8GB or 16GB) obivously a warranty would be included with that but with buying a used (or hand me down phone) would the warranty that existed on the phone.. for the phone still be valid. TO answer your question of why i would event want a pre-used warranty.... I'd be saving a few bucks from buying it new and even if the warranty was only 3 months... 3 months wouldve been better than no warranty at all. But while we're on the subject could you put Apple Care Coverage on a used iphone? THAT i wouldnt mind paying for..
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....

Thanks

A warranty is pretty worthless anyway, I'm not sure why you're so bothered about it
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    A warranty is pretty worthless anyway, I'm not sure why you're so bothered about it
    Worthless? you gotta be kidding me... I've had to take my phone back to the strore three times..... The first time the phone died on me and wouldnt come back on at all. Second time it had a bug in that popped up everytime the phone woke up from sleep mode, that said "this assecory was not made for this device" but there was nothing in it. The third time the phone just died on me again. I'd be out 1200 bucks right now if it had not been for a warranty.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....