Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get a data plan for a ebay iphone?

Default How do I get a data plan for a ebay iphone?
    Hello all, I have been over at modmymoto for a while tweaking my V3xx. I decided to get a water damaged 8gb iphone off ebay because I have pretty good success rate at restoring them. Yesterday afternoon it arrived, and I got it work. By 9 p.m. it was restored today I called a aquiantance who works at the ATT store to try to add the 20.00 data plan. I told her I used the sim out of my v3xx and she could not believe it worked. She also told me it would have to be activated with itunes and I would have to sign a 2-year contract to get the data plan. Is there any other way around this? I don't even see the edge icon like on my iphone. Excuse my ignorance I have read several posts, but can't seem to find the info I need. Thanks.
    Last edited by klown; 2008-06-21 at 01:52 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klown For This Useful Post:

bretthartt (2008-07-01)

so if u want the 20 dollar plan, u call the iphone activation support, tell them the last 4 of ur sim card on the front and ur imei of the iphone.

if u dont want it, call and ask to make sure that data is blocked on your sim, if so then your fine.

but i did hear that using wifi can get u charged for data.

i just did this yesterday lol, so im pretty knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by klown View Post
    Hello all, I have been over at modmymoto for a while tweaking my V3xx. I decided to get a water damaged 8gb iphone off ebay because I have pretty good success rate at restoring them. Yesterday afternoon it arrived, and I got it work. By 9 p.m. it was restored today I called a aquiantance who works at the ATT store to try to add the 20.00 data plan. I told her I used the sim out of my v3xx and she could not believe it worked. She also told me it would have to be activated with itunes and I would have to sign a 2-year contract to get the data plan. Is there any other way around this? I don't even see the edge icon like on my iphone. Excuse my ignorance I have read several posts, but can't seem to find the info I need. Thanks.
    You can always shitch your phone number over to a pre-paid go plan if you're planning on keeping that phone after the 3g release. You shold be able to keep all you information as well as your phone number but the plan will still cost you about $20 a month, and if youre using your emails and the edge internet ...you're gonna want to have those.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh i would just call att and tell them you want to activate the data on ur V3xx and then put sim in iphone and unlock it and it should work with ur old plan
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!