Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Dropped my Data plan? WTF!?

Default AT&T Dropped my Data plan? WTF!?
    So, do to me being on a business account i bought a hacked iphone and added a unlimited data plan to my number which was 29.99 a month. For the last 8+ months i have had no additional charges and then suddenly this month the unlimited data plan has been dropped and i have a $500+ bill. I called AT&T and the woman kept insisting that my phone did not work with the plan, i tried to explain and she did not understand. WTF!?!?!?!!

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm going to an actual store tomarrow to try and sort this out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

They aren't allowed to drop a service without your consent. Even if the service doesn't work on the phone, which it does, why should they be able to take it away if you're paying for the service. I would make some calls to AT&T and complain about this. If you buy an unlocked phone for their network, what data plan do they expect you to use?

I'd say, well if it doesn't work with my phone? Then how did I use all that data on my last month's bill? The APN has to be setup for EDGE to work, so obviously it worked and they just cut the service because they knew you were on an unlocked iPhone.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out