Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to add unlim. text without new contract?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Anyway to add unlim. text without new contract?
    I have old type iPhone without contract (already had plan with MediaNet) but now I need unlimited text.

Is there anyway to add text now?

If not, how do I activate with a new contract after unlocking and jailbrake?

Thanks

Have you called AT&T to see if you can add it? As far as activating it, all you need to do it Restore in iTunes and you should get the Activation screen when its done (if it was Activated via ZiPhone, iLiberty, etc.)
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

I called AT&T before to ask them to set me up on the iPhone plan (Unlimited data +200 text @$20/mo.). They said I have to set up my plan when I activate my iPhone through iTunes. They say they can't even do it manually.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

I think someone is feeding you a line of 'dookie' (for lack of ability to use a better word in the forums). I just changed my plan so I could add my daughter in this unlimited text thing and they did it right there on the phone. I brought my plan down to the $20 plan, and added the unlimited text for $30 for all three of my phones on my plan. Only one iPhone, a crackberry, uhm....I mean Blackberry and an LG Shine. No hassles for me thanks! I guess if you didnt have a plan with ATT previously and youre looking to sign up with them, then you'll have to go the iTunes activation route. This is just my experience. ATT is really getting on my freakin nerves.
    Thank me if I helped you out!