Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about switching over to ATT for iPhone 3G...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about switching over to ATT for iPhone 3G...
    I hope there are some ATT CSR's out there who can shed some light on this...

The wife and I are making the switch over to ATT specifically to get the iPhone 3G. She wants a regular flip phone with camera for herself as well.

So, the question is: What would be our best route to go, in terms of signing up for an ATT account/getting the credit approval out of the way, etc? (Day-of/Prior-to/etc).

I ask because it appears that all ATT/Apple stores are going to be packed and busy with ATT customers wanting to upgrade and with all the new people whom like us are switching over.

Also, would we be likely to get some type of deal on a flip phone for the wife given that we're switching over and getting 2 phones on a family plan? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just switched over to AT&T and it was simple. My wife was already on AT&T so we converted it to a family plan. I would think you would get a decent deal on a flip phone but doesn't your wife want a iPhone too?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The wife isn't into the iphone and just wants a basic flip phone with built-in camera. I'm the iphone nut LOL.

My question wasn't about if switching over was simple. It was whether it would be easy to switch over on July 11th on the spot at the local AT&T store, or if there were any pros/cons to switching over beforehand and waiting to get a phone on the 11th, which is when the iphone comes out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

if you go to costco the AT&T booth. since I live in Los angeles too. Just go to the costco. they dont charge a plan activation fee like at&t does. and some of the phones are free after the rebates. one of them was a really nice flip phone with a camera.

It's best to go on the 11th because you whant the Iphone and she doesn't if you go now and try to activate an account it's going to be harder to get the Iphone added to the plan. Just go on the 11th it's going to by busy but that's why the stores will have exrta help and there are plenty of nice flip phones that are almost free if not totaly free so that wont be a problem. I personlly like the razor and the Iphone those would be my two choises. Hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mastercyberjedi For This Useful Post:

BruinSkiiz (2008-06-17)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastercyberjedi View Post
    It's best to go on the 11th because you whant the Iphone and she doesn't if you go now and try to activate an account it's going to be harder to get the Iphone added to the plan. Just go on the 11th it's going to by busy but that's why the stores will have exrta help and there are plenty of nice flip phones that are almost free if not totaly free so that wont be a problem. I personlly like the razor and the Iphone those would be my two choises. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I don't want any problems/issues come the 11th when I go in to purchase the iPhone 3G. Hence why I had asked if it was better to just make the switch on the spot.

Thanks again.