Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not shore if my iPhone is unlocked.

Angry Not shore if my iPhone is unlocked.
    Ok im having a little trouble understanding if my phone is unlocked. I used the anysim application to unlock my iPhone 1.1.1. It said unlock successful but I see no results. When ever I put my sim card in it says no service/Or it doesint show anything sometimes in the upper right corner of the screen it shows no service provider what so ever. Then I would restart my iPhone and it would say -Waiting for activation this may take some time- so I get excited and wait. Then 20 minutes goes by and nothing ever happens. The sim card I'm using is a Go phone from cingular with about 230 minutes on it. It shows my number on the top in contacts & that's all it really does. Please help me with this situation.

please read and search.
    you need the lockdownd file available for download on this site.
    you might have to do a youtube fix aswell
    "I accidentally upgraded my firmware.....again..."

Thanks

Google is your friend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

ZOOMPOWER1 (2007-12-06)

so after I download lockdownd. What do I do will I automatically see results? And how do I download it do I use my computer or straight to my iPhone threw iphone safari browser?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    or he could jailbreak using the no computer way, but i guess the easiest way, is like the man say's , search the forums and all the answers are there

And theres one more thing i forgot to tell yoi guys. I activated my iphone threw at&t but then i had regreted going to at&t and had it disconected so my iphone is still active i just dont have no service. So im trying to unlock my iphone. Do i have to virginize my iphone for all of this to work? Or can i just go ahead and download lockdownd? And once lockdownd is installed all i have to do is run anysim again right?