Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is BS....ATT Data Plan for 3G

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default This is BS....ATT Data Plan for 3G
    from ATT newsroom press release:

* With a two-year contract, the price of an 8GB iPhone 3G will be $199; the 16GB model will be priced at $299.
    * Unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, in addition to voice plans starting at $39.99 a month.
    * Unlimited 3G data plans for business users will be available for $45 a month, in addition to a voice plan.

This has gone up $10...and this is with limited SMS (probably 200).

Now.....if you want to go with Unlimited Everything...it will be:

Today, AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) announced a new Text Accessibility Plan (TAP) for iPhone, designed to give iPhone customers with disabilities the choice of unlimited text messaging, Web browsing and easy access to e-mail for $40 a month.

They lowered the price with the two years sign-up...and they get you back on the subscription.

THIS IS BS.

Thanks

this was already posted...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Keep your old one then.

I :::heart::: T-mobile

$74.46 a month gets me 1500 anytime, unlimited nights, unlimited weekends, unlimited data, unlimited texts...
    Last edited by mad_llib; 2008-06-10 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks

i have AT&T
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    this was already posted...
    hahahaha..i knew someone will comeback with a "this was posted already"...

yo Chase817...i knew Cash already posted this thready...with over 315 replies...I read some of the replies, but not all...too much to follow...and scrolling...

I just wanted to vent bro...and this is a Chit Chat forum...I wasnt posting any instructions nor being a smart-alex about an app nor something in that sense.

I know the rules...I am no newbie either.

I truly apologize to you for duplicating this thread...ok? hahahahaha. NOTTTTTTTT.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Keep your old one then.
    I might have to...i guess if you can afford throw in an extra $480 on top of the old plan...then good for you. ATT wins in the end.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-06-10 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wouldn't be too bad if you can tether the iphone to a Mac or PC. Then $10 bucks more a month might be worth it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kys View Post
    I wouldn't be too bad if you can tether the iphone to a Mac or PC. Then $10 bucks more a month might be worth it.
    agreed, and the second this happens i am going to do it! imagine mobile 3g internet on a macbook for only 10 dollars more a month than the 1st gen iphone plan. yippeeeee!
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

It's the cost of getting faster internet. If you don't want the faster internet then stay with the old iPhone. I was hoping the 3G would work on the T-Mobile's 3G network but since it won't I just switched over to AT&T to get ready.

I have noticed that I am getting a much better signal at my office with AT&T tho'

Yeah, bandwidth isnt free. Your going to be much more data heavy on 3G and at&t is charging you accordingly

it doesnt cost ATT a single cent more than what they are spending on 3G access service and maintenance... just how there is no difference for a media max plan and a PDA plan... only thing that would keep you from getting 3G access is a SOC code or feature i forgot what it is now but thats all it is.. i could be wrong now but thats how it worked this is just another way for them to milk the customer... go in get the free phone that has 3G with a mediamax unlimited and wait a bit for the new iphone to to come up on ebay and the devs will surely be able to activate those as well... doing that you end up having an iphone with a base price of 69.99 a month for 450 minutes 5000 N&Ws and unlimited data and text and MMS is included in there.. that would be smart way to do it but to each his own... i can wait a bit for the new 1... but thats just my 2 cents