Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with Visual VM after 1.1.2 upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Problems with Visual VM after 1.1.2 upgrade
    Finally got my phone up and running with 1.1.2 using the OKtoPrep application and jailbreak. Everything is working except for my visual voicemail. One time when I hit the button it automatically dials my voicemail box. Later when I hit the button it takes me to Visual Voicemail. There is no rhyme or reason to when it works and when it doesn't. Tried turning the phone on and off, disconnected from Wi-Fi, left myself messages....nothing seems to work. I'm an AT&T customer. Didn't have any problem untill I upgraded. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having the same problems, but Visual VM has not worked at all since the upgrade to 1.1.2, I called AT&T about it and they said lots of people have been calling with the same problem, and a soft reset normally takes care of it. However, this did not fix my problem. I think it is something on the AT&T side, but I haven't downgraded my FW to confirm this.

I also noticed this problem, starting from about two days ago. When it started I was on 1.1.1, yesturday I upgraded to 1.1.2 hoping it would fix it but it didn't, I also have tried reseting all settings which actually made it start working once but then stopped again.

Ok I just tried this, except for calling att.
    http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...essage.id=3064

It appears to be working fine now! I did a couple test calls and visual voicemail is working once again!

CORRECTION: Once again it has stopped working. . .
    Last edited by boostin4hp; 2007-11-23 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have tried power cycling multiple times, but no go...

I'm hoping this is an AT&T problem and will work it self out. I'm going to contact a friend I have at AT&T tomorrow and see if turning my data plan on/off will help, I'll keep you posted!

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T's reset works. I actually got on live chat at the AT&T site, told them my probelm. She checked and said account looks OK. I told her I had read on line that if they would cancel my data plan and then reinstate it that voicemail should reset. She told me she'd give it a try and BINGO..I shut off the phone, restarted it and everything works again. She actually thanked me for giving her the tip. Give it a try, either by live chat or calling, but I can vouch that it worked in my case.

Thanks

Well, I didn't have a chance to contact AT&T and ask for a reset. But, I did have to drive about 2.5 hours to the middle of no where for a wedding, and this caused my phone to lose and regain service a few time. Then *poof* Visual VM started up and I had like 4 voicemails. So if you can't get a soft reset or a reset of services from AT&T, just drive until it works, lol..

after every update that had happened to me. I press voicemail and it dials my voicemail, then about 10 seconds later it asks for my voicemail password and then vvm starts working again. Maybe that's supposed to happen?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't think so. Mine was doing the same. After listening to some voicemails, it would switch back to visual VM, then back to dial up voice. After having AT&T remove the data plan and then put it back on, all works normal again. I've restored and upgraded tons of times and am now at version 1.1.2 jailbroken with Visual VM back to running like normal.

That's odd, because I had the same issue this past afternoon. My iPhone came w/ 1.1.2 OTB, however I jailbroke it (1.1.2 >> 1.1.1 >> 1.1.2) and all ran fine, until an unrelated matter, I had to repeat the process. This leads me to yesterday afternoon. After successfully re-upping to 1.1.2 and jailbreaking, I wanted to see what my Visual VM looked like w/ the Aqwoah dialer installed- It dialed my VM. I was soo ticked, then I uninstalled the Dialer, reboot, and then checked it- It worked just like normal. I think that the power cycle is what did it.

Default Voicmail
    I have noticed after you restore your phone all you do is call your Voicemail listen to a msg and delete or save message and when you hang up it should pop up to ask you for your Password and it will work