Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OOB 1.1.2-jailbreak,activate---now using other att sim

Default OOB 1.1.2-jailbreak,activate---now using other att sim
    I am an unlucky owner of the new bootloader.
    I had no problem jailbreaking and activating.

I know I can't unlock.

I can use other att sim without activating that sim thru itunes...
    Is that OK? Is there some sort of way that I will have any charges thru att related to the iphone??

So basically i have a jailbroken, and activated phone using att but without the 2 yr additional contract????

If I was to activate using that sim would I have to sign a 2 yr contract or does it just work like now?

thanks

Thanks

thread moved to att specific

Quote Originally Posted by jtrage View Post
    I am an unlucky owner of the new bootloader.
    I had no problem jailbreaking and activating.

I know I can't unlock.

I can use other att sim without activating that sim thru itunes...
    Is that OK? Is there some sort of way that I will have any charges thru att related to the iphone??

So basically i have a jailbroken, and activated phone using att but without the 2 yr additional contract????

If I was to activate using that sim would I have to sign a 2 yr contract or does it just work like now?

thanks
    If the second iphone is not unlocked you cannot use a different SIM even if it is AT&T with contract, you can move/ change your contract to a new
    gizmo though, and if it is a post paid only, gophone are not recyclable numbers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    If the second iphone is not unlocked you cannot use a different SIM even if it is AT&T with contract, you can move/ change your contract to a new
    gizmo though, and if it is a post paid only, gophone are not recyclable numbers.
    How sure on this are you? I have personally seen various AT&T Sims tried on an iPhone activated outside of iTunes and they have all worked.

That is exactly what I said , use a legit AT&T SIM on any other UNLOCKED ( with hack, not Itunes) Iphone. If the phone is not unlocked by any mean you cannot swap sim.
    Example I have a 4gb with AT&T Contract, when I take that SIM and use it in my other 8GB Iphone which was unlocked with IPSF and upgraded to 1.1.2. I have AT&T Service and EDGE.
    If by accident I put back the wrong AT&T Sim in the 4GB
    it says sim error activate iphone and what have you.