Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Starting from scratch...

Default Starting from scratch...
    Hey all,

Am a newbie to the forum - it seems you all have great info and insight - and I trust you can steer me in the right direction. I am a current AT&T customer out of contract with a legacy plan that is no longer offered (2k anytime w/ roll $40/mo) that I want to keep for obvious reasons. I would like to stay away from signing a contract right now. I currently have an L7 and will be buying a iPhone (perhaps a refurb) in the next week or so. I would like to have access to WiFi, text and of course the phone.

So where do I start? And what limitations will I have?

Thank you in advance,

JIW

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello!
    I dont understand your question very well... But perhaps,I could help you though....
    You will have WiFi on your iPhone.
    To get started,I think you should go to AT&T office,and tell them,that you want an iPhone.... And they will tell you what to do.
    Maybe,they could upgrade your contract.
    Maybe,you will be forced to close your current one and open another....
    But,I think you wont find an iPhone in Apple Stores.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/15...e-iphones.html
    And read- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/14...half-june.html
    Hope,this will help,if you have more questions,fell free to ask!

First step - procure an iPhone but DO NOT activate it at any store or thru iTunes
    Second - Read the instructions a couple posts down on this page - Apple iPhone (Refurbished) 8GB $250 / 16GB $350 - SlickDeals.net Forums
    Third - you'll want to use iLibery+ to jailbreak,unlock,activate (wifi will work after this step)
    Fourth - make sure you install 'Installer' and then install Cydia from within installer along with Fake BSD and make sure to install BossPrefs so you can disable Edge at will.
    Fifth - Enjoy!

If some of that doesn't make sense then you've got some searching/reading to do.
    Limitations - no Visual Voicemail from ATT (no loss there) and if you have a really old sim card you might be s.o.l.